{ISSUE} Keyboard/remote buttons not working
Most of my key mappings in XBMC stopped working recently. They don't work when I used my keyboard, remote or android remote app. I haven't changed any of the mappings from their defaults. For instance X is the default for STOP but XBMC doesn't respond when hitting X.

All of the on screen buttons work fine though so I think something is junked up with the button mapping config file. Can anyone let me now what the name of that file is so I can replace it or possibly what might be causing this issue?

The only thing new that I have done in XBMC is enable to webserver so I could play around with the android remote app.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Dharma 10.1
We need to see a edbug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC. Press X a few times then close XBMC. Now put the log on pastebin.com for us to have a look ate.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:We need to see a edbug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC. Press X a few times then close XBMC. Now put the log on pastebin.com for us to have a look ate.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR

http://pastebin.com/ZHwT1fCG
Hmm, your log contains entries like:

Code:
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 45, sym: 120, unicode: 120, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61528 pressed, action is Stop

Key 61528 is "X" and the action is "STOP", so XBMC is receiving an X keypress and executing the Stop action.

JR
I must have inadvertantly disabled the option that allows other programs to control XBMC when I was setting up the web server option. I re-enabled the option and now my buttons are working again. I could have sworn that they keyboard was not working either but apparently it was.

I use eventghost to manage the commands for my logitech remote via a usb receiver and XBMC was not accepting the commands the eventghost app was sending to it, even though it was recognizing them.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
{ISSUE} Keyboard/remote buttons not working0