Slowdowns in latest nightlies
Hi,

I have heavy slowdowns from time to time with latest nightly builds... framerate drops to a very low rate for maybe 10 or 15 seconds before it goes back to normal again. Anyone else noticed that? It's not skin related, happens with every skin. I'm using 20110904-a2098db on Windows.
`Black Wrote:Hi,

I have heavy slowdowns from time to time with latest nightly builds... framerate drops to a very low rate for maybe 10 or 15 seconds before it goes back to normal again. Anyone else noticed that? It's not skin related, happens with every skin. I'm using 20110904-a2098db on Windows.

Did you check it on OS X?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've notice some slowdowns while browsing videos, backing out to the home screen usually clears things up. The major slowdown I've noticed is while browsing through the 'Get addons' menu. My system seems to have a hard time caching the images or they seem to try caching them every time I enter a subsection of the menu. Video addons seem to take over a minute to cache all the images and while it's caching / fetching the images browsing is near impossible.
It's fine on OS X. Yes, caching could be a problem... sometimes it lasts several seconds if I go back from movie library to home. In Add-ons it also often lags. This was not the case few builds ago.
I've noticed the same thing... for me it's always when I return to the home screen.
Running PRE11.0 GIT: 20110725-cce6614 ON Windows 7 SP1
You're nightly is pretty old, those problems are solved by now. The slowdowns described in this thread also don't happen anymore with the latest builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slowdowns in latest nightlies0