How to play blu ray disc native in pre-eden
I cannot get bluray disc playback to work in pre-eden. I do not want to use a external player either. Any help would be great.
XBMC can't play BluRay disks, and it won't be able to play BluRay disks until someone writes public domain code to do it. At the moment an external player is the only way to play BluRay disks.

The only alternative is to rip the disks to mkv files. XBMC can play those.

JR
Pre Eden can play Bluray ISO. I know that for a fact because I just watched one last night.

The poster bluray on the boards even has instructions to get it to play with DTS-HD MA, which I can also confirm works.
clubwerks Wrote:Pre Eden can play Bluray ISO. I know that for a fact because I just watched one last night.

The poster bluray on the boards even has instructions to get it to play with DTS-HD MA, which I can also confirm works.

Is that an ISO that has already been decrypted?
yes.
Apparently OpenElec can play a commerical (ie encrypted) Bluray straight from the disc using a MakeMKV plugin.

I don't have a BD player on my OpenElec box to test.
voochi Wrote:Is that an ISO that has already been decrypted?
yes, iso is decrypted because it is created using anydvd hd.

since xbmc cannot natively playback bd movie directly from bd-rom, i created iso's for all my bd movies. it is as good as the original copy with all the junks included dts-hd/truehd audio and everything else in it. the nice thing about iso, it allows me to playback the files on other pc without bd-rom too. all the iso is stored in the usb 3.0 drive, and the drive is powered by usb. it is no mess with a signle usb cable.

if you are interesting in it, the guide is included in my signature below.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
oh, i forgot mention one important thing earlier. it still can playback bd movie directly from bd-rom, but you have to navigate a couple steps to get to index.bdmv to playback the movie. it's still almost as good as autoplay but with a couple more clicks!

you can find the guide in my signature below.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play blu ray disc native in pre-eden0