Use Serial iR reciever + remote + remote s/ware to control XBMC?
Hi guys,

I've got Dharma set up and running nicely...

I primarily use the official Android App to control it from my mobile - but obviously that isnt much good for m GF when I (and my phone) arent at home!

Whilst looking for my soldering iron in the attic last night, I came across a serial iR receiver I bought some time ago for remote controlling my PC via assigning macro's / codes to key presses in some app (gIRDer if memory serves).

Can I do simmilar with XBMC - connect the serial iR, dig out some old remote, then use Girder etc to control XBMC?

Are there codes etc already made for Girder (or what ever iR apps best at the moment)?

BTW - I might see if I can find one of my old Xbox 1 remotes, like the way it matches the App!

Also, any chance an Xbox2 controller is iR - will this connect via iR?

Thanks,
***************System Stats**************
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
Just read the Wiki about "Universal Remote Control" - knew I'd seen it somewhere!

So, I guess my question is this - will the android app, pc keyboard and mouse, AND the remapped Ir remote work together, or will remapping for the remote mess up any of the others?

THX
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
Hi guys,

OK - looking around im coming to the conclusion the simplest way is to use an Xbox 360 controller though my serial IR.

I've read about "xboxdrv" in beta versions of Dharma - but they seem quite old.

Is Xboxdrv still supported or do Xbox 360 controllers work with DHarma?

THX
Dell SX620 USFF PC
Windows 7
2TB HD
4 GB Ram
You'll find using a USB IR receiver much simpler. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews for various remotes that people have tested.

If you use a Microsoft remote, or a full compatible like the HP, then at least on Windows the XBox 360 remote will work with a minor registry tweak.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Serial iR reciever + remote + remote s/ware to control XBMC?0