[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon
Hey Middle,

This looks amazing. Love the look, even if it is totally different then the skin I'm using.
But I'm wondering now ... Have you got any plans on how to release this? I mean, is it perhaps possible to release this view as a plug in or something, so it can be installed in any skin for XBMC? How does this work? If skinners are not interested in fully integrating your work in a certain skin, does that mean these views will not be available for that skin at all?
Maybe stupid question, but I'm not a technical xbmc guy :-)

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you can add a 'change background color' feature? like for example, make it possible to change the gray looking text boxes to blue or something, for better integration in existing skins? Just a thought. It looks really good as it is, don't get me wrong ...

This look really really good!
st graveyard Wrote:Hey Middle,

This looks amazing. Love the look, even if it is totally different then the skin I'm using.
But I'm wondering now ... Have you got any plans on how to release this? I mean, is it perhaps possible to release this view as a plug in or something, so it can be installed in any skin for XBMC? How does this work? If skinners are not interested in fully integrating your work in a certain skin, does that mean these views will not be available for that skin at all?
Maybe stupid question, but I'm not a technical xbmc guy :-)

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you can add a 'change background color' feature? like for example, make it possible to change the gray looking text boxes to blue or something, for better integration in existing skins? Just a thought. It looks really good as it is, don't get me wrong ...

This look really really good!

Thx im very happy that you like it,
I cant promisse a release date becouse my time is too short this days, alot work, cant spend good hours in this view. im trying to do fast as i can.

About release it like plugin im not sure how it can be done, but i will search about it after i finish, i already take a look in the Plugin Rom Collection Browser, this plugin looks nice and support built-in skins, after i finish for advanced launcher i will play around with rom collection browser, it looks good since it scrap more info, not sure about how it deals with games.

Im trying to write everything inside view, so it will not depend on the skin files, the only thing you will need to do is a little edit in some xml files in the skin you are using, btw what is the skin you are using? so i can check here and bring better info.

About colors i know how you fell i like things that mach too, anyway i will not crompress the textures, so is easy to change something after release.

Here is some update i did this weekend, got only few time to play with it Sad

the edges of the showcase is not finish, i was playing around with dimensions and animations.

Cheers
Hey middle,

Thanks for the update. Looks fantastic again.

I'm using the AEON skins ... AEON NOX and AEON MQ3. I really like NOX, it's my favorite skin. I never used the ROM COLLECTION BROWSER, I did look into it for a while, but since it was not supported in NOX, I passed. I also think the whole look of this add on in certain skins did not appeal to me personally, way too much on the screen.

What you are doing looks very nice and clean, and would fit great in the AEON family ;-)

Keep us posted and take care.

Cheers,
Grave
Middle Wrote:About release it like plugin im not sure how it can be done, but i will search about it after i finish, i already take a look in the Plugin Rom Collection Browser, this plugin looks nice and support built-in skins, after i finish for advanced launcher i will play around with rom collection browser, it looks good since it scrap more info, not sure about how it deals with games.
This would be great. If you really start doing this and have any trouble just let me know.

As a start here is a little skinning guide for RCB. And here you can see user Elviguiero who also started to work on Aeon style skins. If he is finished you could maybe use his work as a start or inspiration. Or you could stick together and combine your work.

(Sorry for chiming in this thread, I don't want to interrupt the work on Advanced Launcher views. This is just thought as a reference for later use.)
Hi Middle,

Some suggestions from my part :

- I've noticed in the Rom Collection Browser thread it is also possible to add logo's. Game logo's can be downloaded from the hyperspin website (wheel art). So maybe also make this available in your view? Maybe this is/will also be possible in the future with ALA.
EDIT : I've noticed on the previews screenshots there is logo support in the light gray area on the left side of the panel, right? That looks very nice ...
- Extra Fanart : Looking at you last screenshots of Sonic 4, what do we have? The background is the fanart I suppose? The shot in the box above right is the trailer? (trailer/preview support would be AWESOME!). Below right is the boxart/thumb. But what about extra fanart. Maybe in the light gray area, below the picture of the WII 3 or 4 small extra fanart ingame screenshots can be added? Maybe the light gray area can be a little bit wider?
- For big game collection it might be a bit hard to browse. In your screenshot we only see 5 games. Perhaps the placement of all the info should be tinkered with a bit, to make more covers available when browsing for example through a whole NES collection? There is still a lot of space on the top left side. Maybe the info box should be placed a little higher, so the covers can fit the whole width of the screen?

Cheers,
Grave
malte Wrote:This would be great. If you really start doing this and have any trouble just let me know.

As a start here is a little skinning guide for RCB. And here you can see user Elviguiero who also started to work on Aeon style skins. If he is finished you could maybe use his work as a start or inspiration. Or you could stick together and combine your work.

(Sorry for chiming in this thread, I don't want to interrupt the work on Advanced Launcher views. This is just thought as a reference for later use.)

Hi Malte,
No worries,
Thats awesome, im sure i will need some help, i might try the RCB after i finish for advanced launcher, if i got stuck anywhere i let you know,
thx alot for your support and point me the way Big Grin.

st graveyard Wrote:Hi Middle,

Some suggestions from my part :

- I've noticed in the Rom Collection Browser thread it is also possible to add logo's. Game logo's can be downloaded from the hyperspin website (wheel art). So maybe also make this available in your view? Maybe this is/will also be possible in the future with ALA.
EDIT : I've noticed on the previews screenshots there is logo support in the light gray area on the left side of the panel, right? That looks very nice ...
- Extra Fanart : Looking at you last screenshots of Sonic 4, what do we have? The background is the fanart I suppose? The shot in the box above right is the trailer? (trailer/preview support would be AWESOME!). Below right is the boxart/thumb. But what about extra fanart. Maybe in the light gray area, below the picture of the WII 3 or 4 small extra fanart ingame screenshots can be added? Maybe the light gray area can be a little bit wider?
- For big game collection it might be a bit hard to browse. In your screenshot we only see 5 games. Perhaps the placement of all the info should be tinkered with a bit, to make more covers available when browsing for example through a whole NES collection? There is still a lot of space on the top left side. Maybe the info box should be placed a little higher, so the covers can fit the whole width of the screen?

Cheers,
Grave

Hi Grave, thx for your input

Right now i didnt add logo support for games, but i might consider add it, i rly dont want alot images i dont want the screen too crowd.

The gray area on the left side, i plan to add the studio logo, and some personal thing (number of players the game allowed), not sure if it will be usefull for everyone since advanced launcher dont scrap this info, lets see when i finish how it will look like, and the top left area i have some plans in the future it will be populated with some skin feature (clock and stuff).

extrafanart, it has support but 1 screen at time, like slideshow in the small fanart window, probably i will tweak a little in the future, im not happy with it right now.

it support already:

Trailer/Preview
extrafanart
darkfanart on/off
video background fullscreen
fixed fanart (you can have the same fanart in console and game level)
game fanart (in console view you can use games fanart to cicle random)

About larger showcase, Aeon already support full width showcase, i do not plan to change the original design, i did this exactly to show less cases in the screen since i read 1 at time anyway xD

The good news is i finaly got the showcase to behave like i want to, i was stuck in some problem but i figure out now, and i did the full width showcase already, so things can be easy in the future to add function to show small/bigger showcase.

Since i did all the hard work already i just need clean things a bit and will be ready to release.

I will try finish it next time i got sometime to work on it.
thanks for the update.

Game logo's would be nice but I understand you want to keep a clean look.

I'm still curious on how to install this view in the skins.

Can't wait to see it al in action!

Cheers,
Grave
You won't be able to install a view in different skins, as like every view will use textures from the skin, in this case aeon. Else there will be a script. I think black's xperience 1080 is using a kind of script.
Does anyone know how I can make a randomized rotating pluggin with the fan art in an html version. I have been doing some research to figure this out. Maybe someone here can help me figure it out.

butchabay Wrote:You won't be able to install a view in different skins, as like every view will use textures from the skin, in this case aeon. Else there will be a script. I think black's xperience 1080 is using a kind of script.
Since someone bump it Laugh

Actually i will ship with all textures, im not pulling any texture from skin, even if the texture is same im including it.
I test with some diff skins and it work, the only thing need to do is set the includes, the view and disable/enable stuffs depends on the skin, (im talking about Dharma here, not sure about eden since im waiting some stable version to work on it, i decide to learn Dharma first to know the differences).

Actualy is taking a little long to me finish it, becouse my skin skills grows a little bit and i decide to use the Foundation skin to build my own skin. Big step i know but is fun.

Here some sneek preview

OSD Controls

OSD Info

There alot things to do, but this is working already pretty smooth, just missing the info (director/studio etc) and flags, i will make it next time i work on it.

I have some questions if anyone can help me

Is there any way to change the spacing betwen text lines in textbox ?

there is a way to make zoom buttons, something like [4:3] [16:9] [zoom] [wide zoom] ?

i think is this for now.
Middle are you watching home videos again?! Rofl
Digital Vortex Wrote:Middle are you watching home videos again?! Rofl

looking good in close-up the green enhanced my eyes.

Rofl
Ok is official, this project is on hold right now, sorry about that.

for many reasons, but the biggest one is that i decide to build a new skin from scratch to please my needs, and im codding in 1080p so this will change this view to 1080p and most skins use 720p, but in the process of the skin development i might scale down the view and release it when it is ready by the time eden will be ready too, probably im going to release my new skin too, will be pretty basic not with tons views and my codding skills are getting better.

Here is a sneak peak of what im doing, and i might start a new thread when i have enough material.
My plans is build something pretty and fast.

So far i did OSD buttons / fullscreen info / and movie showcase, shutdown menu i might change and home will have menu like this but with submenus and the new scripts.

The Flags/studio i might add later once i decide size and stuf.

Original Mockup

Working in progress

OSD Controls

OSD Info

and here some video with the animation and stuff i got so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHQ5VMTyOE

Well there is alot things to build so let me back to work. Nerd

ps.: i will start new thread next time for this skin development.
Looks amazing, very nice home screen with the fading colours...
Very nice, smooth animations, fresh ideas, specially the info/plot is indeed a nice option!
Keep up your great work mate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon0