Problems updating library
Hi all.

I'm using the latest nightly and getting loads of problems.
I reinstalled windows 7 together with the latest nightly and wanted to start creating my database for music and video.

When I added my sources and wanted to populate the db through update library or scan for new content he start to scrape my movies or tv shows fine but after a few mins the progress bar just hangs.

When I look into the log file I see the following entries :

http://pastebin.com/DN8sjXFN

I'm using everything on DEFAULT, so confluence skin, no addons installed, no special settings done.

My sources are SMB shares. What I find intresting is that when I choose Windows Network (SMB) I can't see my other computers on the network sometimes, when I then go to "connect to network location" and I enter any server on my network he sees the shares just fine. Also in windows networking and shares work fine.

I use themoviedb and tvdb as scrapers. Internet works fine, using an RJ45 connected to gigabit nic, so no wifi ...

I don't understand these entries in the log files, can someone help me out here ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Auri
Can you try mapping your smb shares as network drives? See if that helps.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
DJVege Wrote:Can you try mapping your smb shares as network drives? See if that helps.

In windows you mean right ? and then browse to the drive letters that are mapped to use as sources in my library ?

THats actually a good idea, why didn't I think of this Wink
Thanks I'll try it later tonight at home.

Regards
Auri
Yeah, that's correct.

I remember reading on the forums that there are issues with straight smb shares (I think). i.e. \\SHARE\blah

I've had no issues since mapping network drives.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Auri Wrote:In windows you mean right ? and then browse to the drive letters that are mapped to use as sources in my library ?

THats actually a good idea, why didn't I think of this Wink
Thanks I'll try it later tonight at home.

Regards
Auri

Have that problem to sometimes that xbmc can't find the smb:// server but usually let it run for sometime or a restart and it is fix. Mapping drives works fine unless you want to switch to an sql server for the library.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Have that problem to sometimes that xbmc can't find the smb:// server but usually let it run for sometime or a restart and it is fix. Mapping drives works fine unless you want to switch to an sql server for the library.

still the same problems, even when I map the network drives to a drive letter in windows.

I guess it's back to Dharma for me for now, until this is fixed
Auri Wrote:still the same problems, even when I map the network drives to a drive letter in windows.

I guess it's back to Dharma for me for now, until this is fixed

Once they are added as a source i don't have any problem updating. I always run the latest nightlies and all my pc's are Win7 x64 and wired with 1000mbit network.
I do have them in the same usergroup.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems updating library0