• 5(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
I simply went to sharing and and put the USB drive as share and made sure it was read and write. Then went to atv2 but it would not show up. I take the user name and password are for what I use with my iMac??
Hi, sorry but how do I install this? Should I re-install XBMC?
Paulkai Wrote:I simply went to sharing and and put the USB drive as share and made sure it was read and write. Then went to atv2 but it would not show up. I take the user name and password are for what I use with my iMac??

yeah username and pass from your user which u use on your imac ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have just tried to add afp via add network location after entering in the data it tells me it can't connect, I then tried to add it directly to video source again it tells me it can't connect, what do you mean zeoconfig can only do anonymous auth if you have not configured your iMac for allowing this how do this on the iMac?? I have checked again on the iMac and I have enabled a share to the movies and given it read and write access. But still no joy with atv 2. I'm sure I'm missing something sorry for being a noob
I set mac folders what I want to share for "everyone" to read. Then on the same wifi network I simply go zeroconfig and Mac shared folders pop up in there, no need for user name or password at all
what basarab said ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I'm afraid that did not work when I go to zeroconfig my mac name pops up but when I hit enter nothing happens.On my mac In preference pane/ sharing the folder for my movies is apple movies under users I have everyone set to read and afp ticked but still no joy even trying manually it still won't work. Sad
Paulkai Wrote:I'm afraid that did not work when I go to zeroconfig my mac name pops up but when I hit enter nothing happens.On my mac In preference pane/ sharing the folder for my movies is apple movies under users I have everyone set to read and afp ticked but still no joy even trying manually it still won't work. Sad

try sharing another folder from your mac with the same settings for ruling out the usbdisk/ntfs...
Hi Mempiz

Im afraid that did not work either all i get is the name of my mac appearing but after that
as soon as hit enter, it just says working. Do you thin it would be best to upgrade tav to version 4.3 then jb with season pass??
Cranial Wrote:This might help you out: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...base-files

Without any real prior SQL experience I tried this with the recommended Mike T client. The given "substring" command won't work, because that strPath field contains all kinds of strings in addition to ones beginning with 'smb://' , (including 'http://' paths for instance), and those get affected by the global substring substitutions also, thereby obviously corrupting the database.

Isn't there a replace function instead? I found (with Google) that there is a replace(X,Y,Z) function in SQL, but when I tried this in Mike T's app:

update path set strPath = replace('smb://','smb:','afp:')

the error was:

11-09-19 08:52:52 no such function: replace

So, what now?

(PS, FYI: there is a typo on the wiki page: "...single table name 'paths'... should be 'path')

EDIT:

ok so I tried a Mac program called Froq. That accepted this command:

update path set strPath = replace(strPath,'smb:','afp:')

(slightly different from command I tried with Mike T.)

That actually worked! However I could not manage to save the file. I could "commit" but it wouldn't let me save as a ".db" file, only ".sql", and when I tried that, the file size was a tiny percentage of the original file.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing... A good tutorial with a Mac client or Mac terminal would be very needed here.

EDIT 2: See post #72 below.
ElGringo Wrote:I assume this is JB iPad?
Thanks,

Yes, JB iPad 1.
I found another application that handled the "replace" function, called MesaSQLite. It worked great.

I made the following replacements:

update path set strPath = replace(strPath,'smb:','afp:')
update path set strPath = replace(strPath,'@192.168.0.202','@MacPro.local')

I found a "path" table in the following .db files:

MyMusic*.db
MyVideos*.db
Textures*.db

In the Textures .db files, the field was not strPath but rather 'url'. So I changed those in the same way:

update path set url = replace(url,'smb:','afp:')
update path set url = replace(url,'@192.168.0.202','@MacPro.local')

I also changed what was necessary in mediasources.xml using a text editor (BBEdit).

Result:

• All looked good upon inspection of results in MesaSQLite and BBEdit
• quick browsing in latest nightly of XBMC looked sort of ok
• must thumnails and fanart were missing!!! (not ok... how do I fix that?? otherwise deal breaker!)
• refreshing a TV series resulted in a crash twice in a row.**

* crash log here: http://pastebin.com/zKMBEfXK
Ok I re jail broke my atv2 installed the latest nightly xbmc-20110919-030cfbc-master-atv2.deb. go to zeroconfig hit play on apple remote it lists my mac but thats it it just stays at that screen with my mac listed the only thing i can see is the share folder has guests, everyone and unknown user, I can't delete the unknown user, that is the only thing i can think of that is causing this, any further thoughts onto what could be causing this!!!
P.s I did try a thumb drive formatted to mac put a movie on and shared it but same result

Paul
log file needed now...
which log do you require??
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1