• 14(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
lawardy Wrote:Hi Memphis,

Thanks for your help.

Yes - I have subtitle on whenever there is a subtitle for the movie
But It keep crashing regardless Subtitle is on or not.

Is there a way to fix it? or Can I disable this opengles (Subtitles)?

Thanks in advance guys.

Regards,

lawardy

Please retry with the next nightly build (which will come up in a couple of hours i think) and tell is if the crash is still there then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,

I was trying AFP this morning, and first TV show, first crash ! Directly to a fresh lowtide ! Here are my information:
- ATV2 4.3 (8F305)
- XBMC 20111007-e330173 (not the latest !)
- Movies shared from MBP 2007 OSX Lion 10.7.2 over Wifi-N

XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/MiL2wqYi
Crash log: http://pastebin.com/hevF5vg7

Seems to be another "junk movie error" SmileSmile (ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: I have no idea what this is a reply to, id 26981)

Hope it will help !!
Good luck.
ben33400 Wrote:Hello,

I was trying AFP this morning, and first TV show, first crash ! Directly to a fresh lowtide ! Here are my information:
- ATV2 4.3 (8F305)
- XBMC 20111007-e330173 (not the latest !)
- Movies shared from MBP 2007 OSX Lion 10.7.2 over Wifi-N

XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/MiL2wqYi
Crash log: http://pastebin.com/hevF5vg7

Seems to be another "junk movie error" SmileSmile (ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: I have no idea what this is a reply to, id 26981)

Hope it will help !!
Good luck.

Do you have pathsubstitution running with afp aswell or something like that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:Do you have pathsubstitution running with afp aswell or something like that?

nothing like that, default options only.
but I use a lot of different protocols :
FTP with my Mac.
AFP with it (to test).
SMB with my network drive.
Memphiz Wrote:Please retry with the next nightly build (which will come up in a couple of hours i think) and tell is if the crash is still there then ...

Hi Memphis,

Yes it is still crashing.

Here are the logs

crashreports

syslog

xbmc.log

Please let me know what you think...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

lawardy
lawardy Wrote:Hi Memphis,

Yes it is still crashing.

Here are the logs

crashreports

syslog

xbmc.log

Please let me know what you think...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

lawardy

No you definitly don't want to know what i think about it Wink. Its the same crash as for the others ...
Memphiz Wrote:No you definitly don't want to know what i think about it Wink. Its the same crash as for the others ...
Hmmm....Huh is it because of opengles again?

Is there any fix on this?

Thanks,

Lawardy
lawardy Wrote:Hmmm....Huh is it because of opengles again?

Is there any fix on this?

Thanks,

Lawardy

no the other one ... and if there would be a fix for any crash i just would say it in my posts definitly...
Memphiz Wrote:no the other one ... and if there would be a fix for any crash i just would say it in my posts definitly...

memphiz, can you (or anyone) give a brief summary of the known crashes with AFP? Sounds like there's at least 3.

Sounds like libafpclient development (done here) has been abandoned so XBMC on ATV2 is stranded on the current version. Is that accurate or is there still hope for fixes?
jd2157 Wrote:memphiz, can you (or anyone) give a brief summary of the known crashes with AFP? Sounds like there's at least 3.

Sounds like libafpclient development (done here) has been abandoned so XBMC on ATV2 is stranded on the current version. Is that accurate or is there still hope for fixes?

I would also like to hear a definitive statement about this....I know the Devs are working hard on this, but when does it end!?

I've been trolling the forum and internet for answers and help with the AFP crashes. Is it time to move off AFP and use a different protocol all together? If so, what?

Your help and guidance is always appreciated xbmc-devs

Cheers!
emmision Wrote:I would also like to hear a definitive statement about this....I know the Devs are working hard on this, but when does it end!?

I've been trolling the forum and internet for answers and help with the AFP crashes. Is it time to move off AFP and use a different protocol all together? If so, what?
!

Your only choices are a) smb, b) afp and c) nfs. Pick one of the three, there are no other choices.

We know and understand that afpclient is twitchy (scientific term). There is a plan but Eden will not see it. No time left.
*stuffs socks in mouth*
emmision Wrote:I would also like to hear a definitive statement about this....I know the Devs are working hard on this, but when does it end!?

Your help and guidance is always appreciated xbmc-devs

hehe... guess you haven't figured it out yet... when you're dealing with jailbreaks and community developed software there is no end... so best not to ask when.

That being said, it'd be good to have an afp crash summary so everyone can get on the same page... should reduce posts/confusion.
It'd also be interesting to hear a little background on afp development and what the obstacles are... obviously no-one but the devs need to know... but lots of folks here are probably curious since it seems to be external code so is handled differently than the rest of the XBMC pieces.
jd2157 Wrote:hehe... guess you haven't figured it out yet... when you're dealing with jailbreaks and community developed software there is no end... so best not to ask when.

That being said, it'd be good to have an afp crash summary so everyone can get on the same page... should reduce posts/confusion.
It'd also be interesting to hear a little background on afp development and what the obstacles are... obviously no-one but the devs need to know... but lots of folks here are probably curious since it seems to be external code so is handled differently than the rest of the XBMC pieces.

It is not important which crashs are known or not. We aren't able to fix any of them. The upstream dev of afp is simply not there anymore.

TeamXBMC is not gonna maintain this lib because it is a very fragil construct which we don't want to break more then it is now...

We are stranded on that version and when it crashs it crashs. So for know - if it works for you - you are lucky. If it doesn't you are out of luck. That statement is true at least for eden. We'll see what comes into our minds when eden is out...
Memphiz Wrote:It is not important which crashs are known or not. We aren't able to fix any of them. The upstream dev of afp is simply not there anymore.

Good point. Once someone determines it's an afp crash the conversation stops there (for the foreseeable future).

Thanks for the background. Helps clarify things a lot.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1