• 10(current)
Patch for recent dxva stutter/skip problem
Voyager-xbmc Wrote:DXVA rendering is forced by default for DXVA decoding (unless otherwise defined in advancedsettings). So what I referred to in my original post is applicable for DVD playback which are forced to software decoding.

Ok thanks. Can I set it up in advanced settings for SD footage to use software rather than DXVA as I have all my SD DVD's wrapped as MKV's or is it container only that you can specify?
I'm not sure if my problem is related to the exact issue of this thread, but I am getting stuttering on 1080i content using dxva best (vector adaptive) setting on all the betas from the past month or so. The picture stutters every 2-3 seconds constantly and it does not depend on content or bitrate. I know this is not a problem with my ati 5450 video card because vector adaptive works perfect in Windows Media Center and used to work perfect in June "patched" deinterlace builds of xbmc taken from the other thread on this forum. Any idea what could be the problem or a fix for it?
crystalgipsy Wrote:Ok thanks. Can I set it up in advanced settings for SD footage to use software rather than DXVA as I have all my SD DVD's wrapped as MKV's or is it container only that you can specify?

The choice for software decoding of DVDs (ISO, VOB/IFO) is specific to the container (hard coded) and cannot be changed through settings.

In your case, i assume you're playing back an mkv with an MPEG2 video stream. So normally it should be picked up as DXVA decoding if you've enabled dxva. Therefore, it forces also DXVA rendering. You CAN use advancedsettings to force Pixelshaders rendering, but thats not advisable as it means an additional memory copy from video memory (where decoded) to RAM (used by pixelshaders).

You can try this by setting

<forcedxvarenderer>false</forcedxvarenderer>

in the <video> section.
Voyager-xbmc Wrote:The choice for software decoding of DVDs (ISO, VOB/IFO) is specific to the container (hard coded) and cannot be changed through settings.

In your case, i assume you're playing back an mkv with an MPEG2 video stream. So normally it should be picked up as DXVA decoding if you've enabled dxva. Therefore, it forces also DXVA rendering. You CAN use advancedsettings to force Pixelshaders rendering, but thats not advisable as it means an additional memory copy from video memory (where decoded) to RAM (used by pixelshaders).

You can try this by setting

<forcedxvarenderer>false</forcedxvarenderer>

in the <video> section.

Will give it a go, again thanks.
StinDaWg Wrote:I'm not sure if my problem is related to the exact issue of this thread, but I am getting stuttering on 1080i content using dxva best (vector adaptive) setting on all the betas from the past month or so. The picture stutters every 2-3 seconds constantly and it does not depend on content or bitrate. I know this is not a problem with my ati 5450 video card because vector adaptive works perfect in Windows Media Center and used to work perfect in June "patched" deinterlace builds of xbmc taken from the other thread on this forum. Any idea what could be the problem or a fix for it?

After playing more video content it seems that this problem has nothing to do with 1080i content in particular, rather the stuttering affects All HD MPEG2 .ts files whether 720p or 1080i using dxva renderer. It's not a matter of filesize, bitrate, or anything else, they all stutter in the same consistent 2-3 second intervals. It's not a problem with my graphics card or cpu as this never happens in previous or stable builds. This has only been happening with the nightly builds from the past month or so. I have an ATI 5450. Something is wrong with the software or code, I just don't know how to pinpoint it.
StinDaWg Wrote:After playing more video content it seems that this problem has nothing to do with 1080i content in particular, rather the stuttering affects All HD MPEG2 .ts files whether 720p or 1080i using dxva renderer. It's not a matter of filesize, bitrate, or anything else, they all stutter in the same consistent 2-3 second intervals. It's not a problem with my graphics card or cpu as this never happens in previous or stable builds. This has only been happening with the nightly builds from the past month or so. I have an ATI 5450. Something is wrong with the software or code, I just don't know how to pinpoint it.

I got the same thing. I have a 4550. I believe it started happening when I upgraded catalyst around a month ago. Unfortunately he latest driver has not fixed the problem.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Patch for recent dxva stutter/skip problem0