[ATV2] Airplay Password
Wonderful to see Airplay in XBMC now!!!
No more having to exit XBMC to display photos etc from phone.
One question though, in ATV, Airplay has an option for a password, which prevents people sending stuff accidentally (or otherwise) to your ATV2.
I can't see a similar option in the XBMC.
Am I just not looking hard enough?
Is it something that can or will be implemented?

Just don't want to be half way through a show and have a kid with an ipod / iphone send something to our TV ruining our watching Rolleyes
not implemented ... don't know if i will do this ...

workaround 1: deactivate airplay when watching a movie
workaround 2: parent the kids *ducking, running*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:workaround 2: parent the kids *ducking, running*

Easier said than done Wink
yzeyze Wrote:Easier said than done Wink

same for the password ... i've implemented it yesterday ... apple seemed to use http digest auth principle for authentication - but sadly it soesn't work - apple seems to do it non rfc conform - nothing i can do about it, because we don't know how they calculate their secrets...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:same for the password ... i've implemented it yesterday ... apple seemed to use http digest auth principle for authentication - but sadly it soesn't work - apple seems to do it non rfc conform - nothing i can do about it, because we don't know how they calculate their secrets...

No worries, thanks for looking though
Got it sorted ... apple can read RFCs - me not... Big Grin ... have made a pull request - should be in in some days then ...
Memphiz Wrote:Got it sorted ... apple can read RFCs - me not... Big Grin ... have made a pull request - should be in in some days then ...

Fantastic - do you ever sleep? Laugh
mostly between the days ... yeah Big Grin
Any news about the airplay password?

I've tryed enabling the option on XBMC (copiled yesterday on my Ubuntu 11.10!) but with this option enabled nothing appear on my XBMC screen.
Diosabling the option it works great...

Thanks and keep up the good work! Wink
Marco
Markino Wrote:Any news about the airplay password?

I've tryed enabling the option on XBMC (copiled yesterday on my Ubuntu 11.10!) but with this option enabled nothing appear on my XBMC screen.
Diosabling the option it works great...

Thanks and keep up the good work! Wink
Marco

Could you be a bit more specific? What client do u use? When i enable the password option and set a password in xbmc - and then use the youtube app on my ipad and try airplaying it to xbmc - it just asks for the password - airplaying will start when i enter the correct password on my ipad ...
Yes, sorry...
I've enable airplay on XBMC and set the require passsword option... then I insert a simple 4 digit password and exit from settings.

I connect my iPhone 4S and opened a picture.. then I select the AirPlay option and the correct AirPlay device (XBMC on Ubuntu) but nothing happened.

After exit from pictures on my iPhone I just cleanup the pasword and uncheked the require password option from settings on XBMC and reopening the same pictures on iPhone and enabling AirPlay now works.

For me it's not a big problem but I'm wondergin if I'm wrong or can be an XBMC problem.

Thanks for help!
Ahh now that you mentioned pictures i can confirm this. But i tried with the atv2 native airplay and guess what? When enabling the password protection there it just behaves the same way ... so ... we are 100% apple compliant with all its bugs Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Airplay Password0