Best settings for ati 5450
Hey Guys,

I would like to know what the best settings for .mkv (bluray - 1080p) video playback in XBMC with DXVA2 enabled would be for my ATI 5450 settings.

I have read on other forums that its best to disable smooth video playback, de noise, edge enhancement, dynamic contrast, brither whites etc and all other processing settings.. as if they are enabled it would make the video looked smeared .. I have turned these settings off and in XBMC with DXVA2 enabled it has made an imporvement.. I found the Lanczos 3 filter to be very good but you are unable to select this once DXVA2 is enabled..

Any reccomendations as to which settings should be used in the ATI CCC to get the optimum picture quality whilst watching movies in XBMC? Also should I select the pixel format as YcBcr 4:2:2 or RGB:4:4:4 please can you advise.. my projector and TV both suppirt YCBCR and RGB . I believe the ycbcr 4:2:2 would be the best or the ycbcr 4:4:4 maybe I am wrong lol Smile

Please can you enlighten me on this.. many thanks Smile
Man I wish I knew all good questions as I have the same card. Are u using VGA or HDMI
hack_kid Wrote:man i wish i knew all good questions as i have the same card. Are u using vga or hdmi

hdmi Smile
IMO turn it all off - let the application choose. For me YcBcr 4:4:4 is the best setting - but let your own eyes decide.
steelman1991 Wrote:IMO turn it all off - let the application choose. For me YcBcr 4:4:4 is the best setting - but let your own eyes decide.

thanks for the advice.. I did actually turn it all off Smile whats the difference between YCBCR 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 ..? Can you actually notice any difference? Its said that blu ray content all use YCBCR 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 is more than enough for this .. whats the situation with that? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best settings for ati 54500