[ATV1] All TV shows have gone missing
For some reason, after months of flawless working, all my TV shows are now missing from the library mode. Movies are still there OK. In the sources, the HD is shown, and it finds all the folders and files, so everything appears to be working across the network.

I tried removing the source, and then re-adding, but XBMC just doesn't want to scan anything.

I also have XBMC commander on my iPad, and if I choose TV shows, it crashes. Chooses movies is fine.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks
HOW-TO post about a XBMC for Mac or Apple TV problem in a useful manner

At the very least do the debug log part, but the more info the better.
Sorry about this:

Here's my log

http://pastebin.com/HEr4UapS

Launcher version 3.2.5
Dharma Version 10.1

Does this help?
This is only an educated guess, but it looks like your library DB is corrupted. The files themselves, like you said, are fine. You might have to wipe the old library rebuild/rescrape, but before you do I would wait and see if anyone else has any suggestions on what you might be able to do (or if it even is a corrupted DB or not).
Well, in the end, I had to do a complete restore of the ATV, as that seemmed to have stopped working for some reason, missing menu items and not responding to the remote. After that I re-installed XBMC from my patch stick, updated launcher and XBMC and started afresh.

The problem I now appear to have, is that not all my TV shows will scrape. I get the error message that the connetion to the remote server has failed, do I want to continue scanning? Choosing yes only delays the message a while.

I have been able to scrape a few TV shows individually, but it won't do them all. At first I thought that the successful ones were where there was more than one season, or where season 1 was missing, but it happened to scrape a TV show that just had season 7 in the folder, so now I'm stuck as to what to try. Seeing as up until this problem started, all the shows I have had scraped successfully, I know that my naming convention is correct, but not sure what to try.

My updated log is here:

http://pastebin.com/vceKfy0u

Thanks for any help you can give.
OK. I've done a bit of digging.

It appears that the only shows that will scrape are those already with a tvshow.nfo file in the root directory of the TV show. Unfortunately, most of my shows don't have this. Is there a simple (i.e. quick) way of setting up these files for all my shows manually? Is there a minimum dataset that they need? I've looked at the wiki page, but I'm not sure what to do.

Is thetvdb.com site down BTW? I wonder if that is causing the problems?

Can't seem to browse to the site at the moment.
Yeah, TVDB is down it seems.
I think in the end it was a combination of corrupt DB and TheTVDB being down that caused me problems. All sorted now.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1] All TV shows have gone missing0