DLNA server bugs?
I connect to XBMC run on a Mac Pro running snow leopard. Almost everything works great. I go from xbox 360, google tv and noknok.

But...a few flaws (and this is latest stable release) the duration of all my clips are off by a factor of 60 (duration in minutes treated as seconds. Since its in minutes in Db, need a x60 when sending to upnp client).

The other issue...TVshows are always sorted by episode name. I cant understand why anyone would ever want that because it makes it difficult to watch in order. Changing sort order in the interface of xbmc doesnt change anything.

Im liking xbmc as a media server except these 2 issues.
The uPnP/DLNA server in XBMC isn't the most wonderful piece of code in the world, mainly because none of the developers are interested enough in it to divert effort away from more important issues.

The sort order is a well known problem: see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10974 for details. At the moment there is no consensus on what to do about this so inertia has prevailed.

The clip duration problem is new to me.

JR
I set up XBMC as a UPNP server for my sister the other day, she also has the clip duration bug (although i did not notice if it was x60) but she didn't care as she knows how long things are so i did not think to post here. She is also using a xbox360 and the playback device. I'm not asking someone to fix it as it is a minor visual thing but just wanted to confirm the op is not alone
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA server bugs?0