Movies folder wont pickup KV files when Update Library
Hi

Hopefully something simple, I have a couple of films in MKV format but when I click Update library they never get added to the library.

They work fine in the tv shows section and are picked up just not in the movies?

Any Ideas

Thanks for any help
Are your movies in separate folders? If they are, you need to turn on the button in the Set Content menu that has it use folder titles. Other than that, I can't help without more information. Almost all my 300 movies are .mkv files, they work fine.
clubwerks Wrote:Are your movies in separate folders? If they are, you need to turn on the button in the Set Content menu that has it use folder titles. Other than that, I can't help without more information. Almost all my 300 movies are .mkv files, they work fine.

Thats not true. That option only has use if the folder has the correct name and for example it contains video_ts.
All my movies are in seperate folder and i don't have it on.

You should check if the naming of the file is the same as on IMDB or TMDb. Aldo you could've add the correct year to the file. Check the xbmc wiki for naming conventions of movies.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Thats not true. That option only has use if the folder has the correct name and for example it contains video_ts.
All my movies are in seperate folder and i don't have it on.

You should check if the naming of the file is the same as on IMDB or TMDb. Aldo you could've add the correct year to the file. Check the xbmc wiki for naming conventions of movies.

In a separate folder or in separate folders. Because I said folders. As in each movie is in it's own folder. If your movies are stored in their own folders, they will absolutely not scrape without that button turned on.
If the filename does contain the movie title they do scrape or else i would have any movie in my library. Maybe because recursive scanning is on.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't know, it just seems like you're trying to make it 1000x harder than it has to be. Put your movies in separate folders, it's not that hard. Every program that I own already does it for me.
are you making sure to scan recursively?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies folder wont pickup KV files when Update Library0