Library completely broken
All of a sudden my library wouldn't update any new files. I had been using a nightly from late August. I kept getting "Unable to connect to remote server", even tho I had good Internet connectivity and connectivity across the LAn to the shared folders where all the media is located. I tried cleaning the library, but all that did was lose all my entries. I tried uninstalling, and using earlier nightly builds. No change.

I can play any media file just fine, if I use the "Files" menu entries. I just have no library at all. When I tried uninstalling, and re-installing earlier snapshots, I made sure to tell it to remove profile, so it would start clean. So there was no leftover entries.

This is Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Things had been fine, except that the library all of a sudden wouldn't update. I did have a couple hard hangs, where the only way to get any response was to power down Windows completely. I guess some Windows update screwed something up.

Where to go, what to do? I miss my XBMC! :-(

Update: I checked the log, and see a lot of "XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28". I'm guessing this is the cause. A Google search indicates that code 28 indicates timeout. So does that mean that TheTVDB.com is what's timing out?

It's disconcerting that XBMC isn't adding items to the library, because it can't communicate with it's scraper. I would have thought it would have entered it in the library, but with no information associated. At least that way, I could choose it and watch it, and then get the metadata updated when the scraper worked ...

Or am I the only one having this issue? At the moment, I am running the nightly from Jul 19, 2011.
MikeLeone Wrote:All of a sudden my library wouldn't update any new files.

I decided to try running XBMC as administrator (just to see if it would make a difference). It didn't. So then I ran it normally (i.e., not as admin). And then it found all my movies that had been added since the library export from July 11 that I was able to import. Yay!

Still not finding any TV shows, however. Same error - unable to connect to remote server, and nothing ever happens ....
I am also having this issue.
BEWBTUBE Wrote:I am also having this issue.

AH HA! So it's not just me! That is good to know, thanks so much!

I'll bet theTVDB.com changed their scraper format or something, or changed something about their accessibility, and that's why this is happening. I really wish XBMC wouldn't just error out and not add to the library, anyway ...

Oh, well. I will keep trying. Hopefully, it will be resolved before my resolve melts. :-)
thetvdb is down right now, I just don't understand why that would stop xbmc from adding the files to the library.
It's frustrating to be at the mercy of thetvdb. I dont' know why tvrage or some other tv database scraper was not updated to be compatible with Dharma+. I think I speak for most that we would sacrifce a bit here just to complete our scans.
I'm having similar issues with not being able to scan any newly added media. I was on 10.1 release, tried reinstalling the youtube addon, then tried two different nightlies, one from early August, then one from yesterday (both of which totally locked up when I try & open up any media types just the menu folder, not even the media files themselves)
None of the needed movie & TV addons appear to be broken, , and my internet connection is solid, but nothing is working
I'm using XBMC less & less lately due to this frustration, started dumping files back onto my WD Live HubSad
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
I am also having the same problem, using the latest nightly on 2 pc's, one running XP, the other Windows 7.

Both have the same problem as described in the OP post.

Additionally I also try the IMDB scraper and nothing, same issue
Was there ever a fix to this? I still have the same problem on two seperate PC's
For me , I completely uninstalled XBMC & my profile, reinstalled 10.1 & re-did my library & it seems to be OK now.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Hmm ok, I will give that idea a try, thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library completely broken0