Video micro "stutter" on all sources (SD and HD)
Hi All,

Running 10.1 Dharma stable on an Acer Ion 330 nettop under Win7. I do have DXVA2 enabled in the options.

I tend to leave my nettop on (I don't put it to sleep, etc.) and I find after an undetermined amount of time, my videos begin to stutter. By that I mean they don't have a nice smooth pan on action shots (really more of microstutter).

Note that they do work fine from a fresh restart of XBMC, it seems like its some sort of memory leak or something like that.

Its also very possible that its something to do with windows as well, though other than default Windows utilities, and XBMC nothing else is running on the nettop (I reinstalled Windows on it to fully remove the Acer bloatware). I have observed this with both SD Xvids and HD MKVs (720p, 1080p x264s) so I don't think its something with DXVA decoding.

I have tried running XBMC with the aero interface off when it runs and that didn't seem to do anything.

I have noticed this on a friends nettop running an AMD E-350 (on Win7), and as in his case, a restart is all that is required to fix the problem.

The only other thing is that my source is via an SMB share, I could copying a file locally to see if it makes a difference.
I am having a similar issue not sure if it the same thing, all my movies stream from a server.

What is happening to me is at any point during the film and this happens multiple times, it will sort of stutter and jump back a second or 2 and repeat the bit it has just shown. Gets annoying after a while
BuddyRich Wrote:The only other thing is that my source is via an SMB share, I could copying a file locally to see if it makes a difference.
i would try that first to rule out network error!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Mines an SMB share too.

My network is running perfectly though.
I too have a similar issue apart from SMB, files are played locally.
Do you by chance have "Sync playback to display" enabled under Settings->Video->Playback?

I had a similar problem over SMB and thought it was my network but it was the video display trying to align to the file. Sometimes it would be a micro stutter or a quick speed up out of no where.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Hmm, I do have it synced, I will give that a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video micro "stutter" on all sources (SD and HD)0