XBMC is not working for me! Seriously need Help! I'm coming from YAMJ
outatouch0 Wrote:Okay, I still would like an answer to my previous question to the OP...

Here goes part of your answer. From the picture of your folder and file structure I can see that the PCH and XBMC utilize slightly different methods to do the same thing. I believe you can indeed do both here without the two conflicting.
xbmc is creating it's own screencap image because it can not "see" the image you provided. The xbmc folder structure and naming conventions are below. The parts in bold are to be named as they appear, eg "tvshow.nfo" does not get renamed to Buffy.the.Vampireslayer.nfo

C:\MOVIES\
Movie.Title.year\
-----^-Movie.Title.year.mkv
-----^-Movie.Title.year.nfo
-----^-Movie.Title.year.tbn (movie poster or banner)
-----^-Movie.Title.year-fanart.jpg (movie background image)

C:\TV\
TV.Show.Title\
Season.01\
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.mkv
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.nfo
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.tbn (episode poster or banner)
Season.02\
fanart.jpg (TV show background image)
folder.jpg (TV show poster or banner)
season01.tbn (season poster or banner)
season02.tbn
tvshow.nfo

now, copy rename the appropriate artwork to match xbmc conventions and your images will appear. Since xbmc doesn't see the yamj files. I predict yamj wont "see" the xbmc files and thus wont get corrupted either.

hi outatouch0

Thank you for the info. since i use EMM (Ember Media Manager) to manage my media, I believe I can save each poster in both formats (for xbmc and YAMJ)...I'll give it a try and let you know.

Now, regarding TV in it's own folder, I really want to avoid this, as it will complicate many things....Isn't there any workaround to keep TV inside movies?

Honestly, Before using XBMC, I thought it will be easy to setup, but it turns out that XBMC is closed, meaning, not flexible...

I think that if we have the option to choose in whichever format to save the fanarts and posters, will be better.

Anyways, thanks.
HiSoC8Y Wrote:Now, regarding TV in it's own folder, I really want to avoid this, as it will complicate many things....Isn't there any workaround to keep TV inside movies?

I believe you CAN, see posts 5, 6 & 8 of your other thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109902

ADD Source, set your Movie folder content to movies, finish that.
Then navigate to the tv folder. Right click on it (or press "c" or "i" not sure which) and set the TV folder within your movie folder content to none/ignore from scans.
Then go back to ADD SOURCE, select your tv folder and set content to TV shows.
See if that does the trick, Spiff seems to be saying it will work. Let us know.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is not working for me! Seriously need Help! I'm coming from YAMJ1