Changing Thumbnails and Fanart
Question 
I'm a new user of XBMC using win7 x64 and the documentation says that thumbnails are in the folder: userdata\Thumbnails. I may be crazy and have done a search of all my drives and their is no folder under userdata named thumbnails, in fact I only have one folder calledTongueictureIcon. I have been through all of the folders in Program Files\x86\XBMC and as I mentioned I did a search and can't find them. I have a few thumbnails of movies which are incorrect and using Yamj and Yanfoe, I could change the nfo's. HelpHuh?
The UserData Folder
As Hitcher points out your looking in the wrong place but it would take you ages to find the right one anyway and that's not how you change artwork you do that via XBMC GUI

Go to movie info in your library and either use get thumb/fanart or use refresh, refresh is the easiest and quickest option to update artwork and movie info if you have local artwork and nfo
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I'm not sure why my search didn't find it. I have several thumbnails which were incorrect and I wanted to fix them. Thanks Again
They will be in your userdata folder in the location below inside a bunch of other folders they wont be jpg's they will be tbn files (jpg's with the extension changed to tbn)

\userdata\Thumbnails\Video

If you want tbn files to have thumbnails and open in windows you have to make a simple change to your registry first

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=870592&postcount=2

Like I said you don't change artwork that way
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
if you were just doing a normal search, it would not come up because by default the %appdata% folder is hidden

if you click on the windows start globe, and in the field type %appdata% you will be taken to the correct location.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Thumbnails and Fanart0