Category Customization
Categories within XBMC (Music, Video, etc.), to my understanding, are the responsibility of add-ons and skins. Unless the skin or add-on adds one, there is no way for a user to create their own top-level media category.

I feel this creates a dependency between design and functionality that shouldn't exist. Personally, I feel that the top-level categories should be independent of skins -- why should I have to deal with a skin I don't like just because it comes with a categories for 'Games' that I can't have through any other skin?

I feel the correct way would be for the user to be able to create a top-level category, give it their own name, link it to a folder and specify what kind of media it is. I think this would help loosen coupling between skin and the XBMC core and would be a great addition.
I agree, this would be very nice to have. Give the user more control over the look and feel of the GUI. It really sucks that a skin I like may not have this option, thus making me go back to another skin that does allow it.
that would be nice indeed,
i'm thinking my self to switch from MC7+MediaBrowser to XBMC because it feels much faster.
but because i i also have a daughter and a wife that work with it i want it to have the same functions as i have with MB.
seperate kids movies from main movies on the main bar and not in a subbar.
also i'm still trying to find a way to get the music options work the same as MC7
starting with a cover wall and when choosing a album getting a list view.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Category Customization0