MySQL & Advancedsettings.xml
Hi!

I've been trying out a few nightly builds of the new version of XBMC. The one thing that I have problems with is my database connection. I use advancedsettings.xml and point to my server that stores the video and music database. But the new version does not seem to use the settings at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Did it work before? I always run the latest nightly with no problems.
Can you post your debug log?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah, I updated from 10.1 last night and it stopped working. It seems like XBMC still can find the sources but not find the MySQL database. I can post a debug log tonight when I get home from work.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I installed the Nightly Build over the 10.1 setup. The advancedsettings.xml does contain the accurate information.
Think the problem isn't connection but the major version change in database. There have been some changes and read somewhere on the forum that this could be a problem from 10.1 to one of the latest. Maybe upgrading in version steps could solve this. But when you upgrade you can't go back to 10.1 anymore.
Should I uninstall the current setup and get the latest build. But then what? Is there something I should do to the advancedsettings.xml so that XBMC uses it?
CuFk Wrote:Should I uninstall the current setup and get the latest build. But then what? Is there something I should do to the advancedsettings.xml so that XBMC uses it?

I think the latest build can not update your SQL database. You could try a build from a month ago and after that install the latest. But let's see what the advanced debug log says.
Copy the contents of the log into pastebin.com and post the link.
Here it is

http://pastebin.com/dSt0e5yj
I managed to sort this problem. I downloaded HeidiSQL and cleared the databases and re-wrote all data, and now it works like a charm. Smile
you could use dharma to export the details of your library to separate files, then create a couple of new tables in mySQL (such as xbmc_video_new) then edit your advancedsettings to use the new (and empty) tables then scan the SMB source to the library where it will pick up thelocal files and do it quite quickly.

That way you get to keep your old dharma databases in case anything goes horribly wrong.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Yeah I know, but I felt it was better to get rid of the old data and rebuild the database. Smile
Just going through this myself and can confirm that it seems to be due to major database change. Mine is going from v 42 to v 55 for the videos database, which it fails.

Just testing exporting my video library, create a new DB, connect to XBMC and import it back in.
Will post back how this goes for anyone else doing an upgrade to a nightly from stable release.
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL & Advancedsettings.xml0