Lost settings and random screen size at start up?!?!
I've been using XBMC for several months now, and have everything pretty much how I want it... but I'm having a couple of issues that have me totally flustered.

First, I just have XBMC in the Windows "startup" folder. So the HTPC boots normally, then XBMC starts. Works for me. But it seems like about half the time when XBMC starts up it's a lower resolution than it's supposed to be... exiting XBMC and restarting brings it back to the 1920x1080 resolution it's supposed to be, but... whyHuh Sometimes it even starts in a small window instead of full screen. Weird.

That random resolution/screen size thing is annoying, but not THAT big a deal, but this...

The other day I started up the HTPC just normally, everything appeared to be fine... but ALL my settings were gone. It was almost like a fresh install. My libraries were intact (phew!), but it had defaulted back to the Confluence skin (I usually use Neon), and even after switching back to my usual skin none of the tweaks were there... None of the custom home screen items, none of the custom home screen backdrops, etc. Haven't changed or even tweaked anything in weeks. I can't remember for sure, but this MAY have happened months ago too... Very annoying!

If anyone has any idea what might cause this please let me know!

I'm running the latest stable Dharma release, 10.1. The skin is Neon.
The system specs: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit; INTEL Core i5 760; GIGABYTE GA-H55; G-SKILL Ripjaw 2 x 4GB; MSI GeForce GT 430; 120 GB OCZ Vertex II SSD;
if you haven't update it to latest nvidia driver, you can install it from here- nvidia driver. you can adjust the screen resolution to match your hdtv screen using nvidia control panel center afterward.

you need to setup xbmc as shown below-
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the input! That should help with the resolution issue, huh? Any idea why it only happens some times and not others?

I think the driver's up to date, but I'll double check and I'll take a look at those settings once I get home...

Anybody have any ideas what would lead to the total loss of my setting preferences, as described above??
jaydash Wrote:Thanks for the input! That should help with the resolution issue, huh? Any idea why it only happens some times and not others?

I think the driver's up to date, but I'll double check and I'll take a look at those settings once I get home...

Anybody have any ideas what would lead to the total loss of my setting preferences, as described above??
please try it to see if it help solve everything!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost settings and random screen size at start up?!?!0