• 61(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Copying the BDMV or VIDEO_TS folders into a 'moviename' sub-folder might work out those issues, I haven't worked with ISO files yet, do those return any mediainfo information at all? if not, i can make ViMM skip ISO files when searching for media info.

Another thing to notice, if you are using the generally speedier 'Cocoa' version of ViMM, if you're using a 'batching' function such as 'find missing movies' or 'update all movies', it currently doesn't seem to release RAM correctly, so it keeps gobbling up more and more RAM for every item in the list that it's gathering info for until it crashes.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
My ISOs, at least the ones that scrape, all have a BDMV file structure. The BDMV folders, maybe since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, are actually showing as file packages rather than folders. So now you have the actual m2ts video file buried inside a complex set of folders, inside a file package, which is inside a disk image, and its not surprising that mediainfo and ffprobe can't penetrate all that!

You shouldn't need to support that crazy structure I think. Since I don't plan to burn them to disc, I'll just pull out the m2ts file and get rid of the rest.

As for ISOs containing VIDEO_TS folders, I don't know if mediainfo or ViMM can read that, but ffprobe can.
(2012-12-03, 18:26)Glorious1 Wrote: My ISOs, at least the ones that scrape, all have a BDMV file structure. The BDMV folders, maybe since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, are actually showing as file packages rather than folders. So now you have the actual m2ts video file buried inside a complex set of folders, inside a file package, which is inside a disk image, and its not surprising that mediainfo and ffprobe can't penetrate all that!

As a dissenting opinion, it's not nearly as complicated as you make it out to be. You mount the disk image and navigate to BDMV/Stream/ and choose a .m2ts file to examine. The package structure introduced in Mountain Lion is a purely application-level construct, just like application bundles. It's just a way to hide a bunch of subdirectories from the user, nothing more.

I'm not saying it's easy to actually implement, but it's only a 2 step process:
1) Mount disk image
2) Examine /Volumes/<disk_image_name>/BDMV/Stream/?.m2ts for media info where ? is the largest .m2ts file (or the .m2ts file for the main movie if you've learned which one it is through other means)

The fact that Mountain Lion groups the BDMV structure into a package for the user is of no concern to developers.
Hi Marius, this gets better and better.

Can you add "subtitle language" to the "summary" and "information" tabs of the "Edit Metadata" window?
It would also be great to download subtitles with ViMM, any plans for that?

Keep up the good work..
Plans to add subtitle downloads, very yes, methods to actually do so, non yet available, and probably not so until after a the 1.0 release, after which i'll start working on less then vital parts.

I'll look into adding subtitle language, though only 'internal' subtitles are currently recognised to having a language, and this is done via 'mediainfo', which is usually right.
Getting XML errors all time.....

Using Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Are you still working on imroving that project ?
I'm always working on improving ViMM. ^^

What are the XML errors you're getting? which items are you getting them at? and when or during what action do they pop up?
(2012-12-10, 17:31)MariusTh86 Wrote: I'm always working on improving ViMM. ^^

What are the XML errors you're getting? which items are you getting them at? and when or during what action do they pop up?

First, That software is amazing !!!!! i like the interface and the options !!! it makes EmberMM useless!

here is an error i get when fetching metadata for my YAMJ jukebox

Grrrr.... can't attach a screenshot with this forum but it is an error while getting the fan arts

if you have an email adress i could send the screenshot to you

Marius,

If you need a translator for a french version let me know Wink
Hi, there. I'm having a problem with the app continually crashing...

I'm using the latest test build of the alpha 0.6.7 because I'm using a Boxee Box and as I understand it the coding of the id tags in the NFO files in 0.5.4 (which runs fine by the way) causes problems with Boxee. The program sometimes crashes/freezes while setting preferences and lately has been crashing while fetching missing metadata.

I've tried deleting the preferences file but can't locate it on my computer. I have no library file under my user username.

Here are a few of the error txt files:

Xml exception ERROR: 2
msg:XML parser error 27: unbound prefix
Stack:

XmlDocument.LoadXml%%o<XmlDocument>s
MovieCore.MovieFileInfo%%o<FolderItem>
MovieSckt.GetMovieNFO%%o<MovieSckt>sb
MovieCore.MovieByID%%sb
MovieCore.MissingMovies
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
_pthread_start

^^^^^^^^

Xml exception ERROR: 2
msg:XML parser error 27: unbound prefix
Stack:

MovieSckt.GetMovieNFO%%o<MovieSckt>sb
MovieCore.MovieByID%%sb
MovieCore.MissingMovies
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
_pthread_start

^^^^^^^^^

Nil object exception ERROR: 0
Stack:

RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
ViMMCore.FindTrailerItem%o<FolderItem>%o<FolderItem>
ViMMCore.SingleCleaner%%o<FolderItem>ss
ViMMCore.MassClean%%o<Listbox>s
wndClean.wndClean.ThrClean_Run%%o<wndClean.wndClean>o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
_pthread_start
The library file has actually been made invisible, but if you go into the finder, hold the 'alt' key and select the 'Go' menu, there will be an item named 'Library' added to the menu which will bring you inside your library folder. ^^

The "ERROR: 2"'s are probably formed by movie files which spit out odd characters when probing them with 'mediainfo', I think i'd better try to find a way to use it without the build-in XML reader.
@yannick, if you also get errors that end with this:

I guess i'll be working on it soon. Wink

The "ERROR: 0" is seemingly caused by 'cleaning' out the trailer files of a single item, but crashes because it can't find it or looses track of it's location, which shouldn't make it crash.
It might be a little hard to test, but hopefully i'll get that fixed in the next release.

As for translating, YES PLEASE! =D
I'm in dire need of translators of any language, french included.
The tool you need to translate ViMM is called, "Lingua", and you can find it in my dropbox folder, along with several language files that need translating:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s3f8uhh8jh1l...anslations

When you're done or have any questions, email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advance for your help!
Marius,

That software is so nice that i need to contribute to it !!

Ill start working on that right now!

P.S. Why don't you start a thread on http://networkedmediatank.com ? all the YAMJ freaks are there.
the latest beta keeps crashing with baby genius movies, recently had twins and have been ripping these to my collection, but ViMediaManager crashes with the beta when fetching metadata, v0.5 works though.
--
I think I know what's causing it, but could you show me the error it gives?
i don't get an error, it just bombs out and closes. it happens during processing when it says "Recommendation Settings". then i just get ViMediaManager quit unexpectedly
--
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19