• 140(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
I just noticed that TV shows with & in the title of the episode are now being changed to &

Weird that it just started doing this all of a sudden. Maybe something got changed on the website that it pulls the names from?
I've set ViMM to force any occurrences of '&' to be renamed to '&' while renaming episode files, and in a few other locations.
Could you try the latest nightly and see if it worked?
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
(2015-02-25, 02:46)MariusTh86 Wrote: I've set ViMM to force any occurrences of '&' to be renamed to '&' while renaming episode files, and in a few other locations.
Could you try the latest nightly and see if it worked?
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Oh nice I'll give that a try... Can never remember though what build to get. MacBook Air (Intel) on latest OSX. Cocoa or Intel?
Intel may be slightly more stable, but Cocoa is faster and better for retina screens.
(2015-02-24, 20:15)MariusTh86 Wrote: If they really aren't detected, ViMM might not recognise the movie format, what extensions do the movie files have?

You can also try to rescan all folders from scratch by selecting 'Files' > 'Rescan Folders'.

Thanks for answering so quickly. I'd noticed that despite the folder/files being no different than any others, ViMediaManager (for me) incorrectly names folders and their contents on occasion. I've had the program duplicate files and their contents with titles that were not accurate, leading me to have to play the video files to find out what they actually were, and then running another pass at fetching metadata.

I'm also having issues with XBMC duplicating some movies after they're imported to my XBMC library. It's taken a combination of deleting said files from ViMediaManager, reimporting them, and cleaning my XBMC library to get things listed as they should.
Hi MariusTh86,

I'm running ViMM through a large number of movies/TV shows right now and wondering if there is a faster/better way to do it.

I've run the automated search using "Fetch Metadata" and ViMM has done it's job with about 75% of the videos. But the other lot I have to go through and "Manual Search" them individually.

The problem with this is that I need to; run the manual search then select the correct title and then wait about 2-5 minutes while ViMM downloads all the files and does it's renaming and other actions. This gets pretty time consuming when there are more than a couple of videos to manually search for.

Is there a queueing system that I've not found? If not then I think it might be a good thing to consider for the future.

Something like being able to select (highlight) multiple movies/tv series' on the main list then running the "Manual Search"; ViMM then remembers the highlighted videos (maybe presenting this separate list in the search window), I then search for each title and assign the correct identity to them one by one before finally hitting "Commit" and only then does ViMM go through the process of downloading and renaming all of them etc while I go and make a cup of tea.

This would mean that a huge number of videos could be searched and assigned identities in a few minutes and then left to run the download action as opposed to having to hand-hold the process one by one.

Cheers!
The quickest way would probably be to go to 'Preferences' > 'Movies', make sure that 'Lookup: Using Folder Name' is checked, renaming all the movie folders back in the Finder to 'movie name (year)'.
After that you can use 'Fetch Metadata' to process the left over files.

For TV Shows I can only recommend to make sure that you only put folders with exact TV Show names in your TV Shows folders, and put your episodes in those folders.

Another method might be to put a 'tvshow.nfo' or 'movie.nfo' / '<moviename>.nfo' file with just the IMDb ID inside it into the correct folders, I think ViMM is able to pick up on that and use it to search for the correct items, and it probably wouldn't be as quick as make sure the movie/tv show folders are as accurately named as possible.
(2015-03-05, 17:00)MariusTh86 Wrote: The quickest way would probably be to go to 'Preferences' > 'Movies', make sure that 'Lookup: Using Folder Name' is checked, renaming all the movie folders back in the Finder to 'movie name (year)'.
After that you can use 'Fetch Metadata' to process the left over files.

For TV Shows I can only recommend to make sure that you only put folders with exact TV Show names in your TV Shows folders, and put your episodes in those folders.

Another method might be to put a 'tvshow.nfo' or 'movie.nfo' / '<moviename>.nfo' file with just the IMDb ID inside it into the correct folders, I think ViMM is able to pick up on that and use it to search for the correct items, and it probably wouldn't be as quick as make sure the movie/tv show folders are as accurately named as possible.

Thanks for that.

I've got the folder rename option turned on and (as much as possible) try to make sure the folders are named properly and that process works fine for any of my newer rips/downloads.

But right now I'm incorporating older videos I have had for a while into my existing media folders, so renaming the folders is not really going to save me much time (not to mention all the files are located on my NAS and the manual renaming process is even slower because of that).
It (obviously) also hits snags if there are multiple TV Shows or Movies in the online databases with similar/same names.

Right now I'm going through and dealing with TV Shows (all these failed the automated process), as you can see the correct folder name (shown first) didn't help matching it with the DB listed name (shown second);

Doctor Who --> Doctor Who (2005)
Archer --> Archer (2009)
Gotham --> Gotham
Helix --> Helix
Supernatural --> Supernatural

Each of these required a manual search in order to attach an identity.

One thing I have found that does speed the process (not by much but it's a gain nonetheless) is turning off the option to download "Extras" in the preferences (I figure once the identity is attached I can then run a full automated search with the "Extras" turned on and it will get all that stuff then). But a queue system would still be a better option.
Hi guys, firt of all: thanx for ViMM!
I'm trying to understand how to change the audio language info associated to a movie because I'd like to use that info to create a smart playlist based on audio language. I select a movie on the list and go to "Edit Metadata" button.

In the Summary window I got this:
http://i.imgur.com/5sSaf7v.png

while in the Information one I've this:
http://i.imgur.com/G1mIrEO.png

It seems that in Kodi I can create smart playlist just based on the info in the first image, the Summary one, so is there a way to edit it?

Thanx a lot...
I'm afraid you'll have to go into the .nfo file with a text editor and add them manually to the <audio> tag, but I wouldn't recommend editing it with ViMM again afterwards because it'll save over your edits.
(2015-03-11, 14:31)MariusTh86 Wrote: I'm afraid you'll have to go into the .nfo file with a text editor and add them manually to the <audio> tag, but I wouldn't recommend editing it with ViMM again afterwards because it'll save over your edits.

Do you know if is it possible to edit the movie file with an external software before to add it to the ViMM library, in order to make ViMM able to catch the correct languages of the audio track?
(2015-03-11, 17:36)LDX_ITA Wrote: [Do you know if is it possible to edit the movie file with an external software before to add it to the ViMM library, in order to make ViMM able to catch the correct languages of the audio track?
It would depend on the type of file. For mkv, you could try mkvtoolnix/mkvmerge. ffmpeg could edit any file, but has a very steep learning curve.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
is there a way do display or find duplicate movie entries?

that is what i miss the most at the moment.
@neurosis13: Not at the moment, sorry.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19