• 141(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
(2015-03-12, 01:57)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 17:36)LDX_ITA Wrote: [Do you know if is it possible to edit the movie file with an external software before to add it to the ViMM library, in order to make ViMM able to catch the correct languages of the audio track?
It would depend on the type of file. For mkv, you could try mkvtoolnix/mkvmerge. ffmpeg could edit any file, but has a very steep learning curve.

Does ffmpegx is useful for editing this kind of metadata?
thanx
@neurosis13 - Search the Kodi add-ons - I seem to recall one that does that.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2015-03-13, 13:00)LDX_ITA Wrote: Does ffmpegx is useful for editing this kind of metadata?
thanx

I don't know if ffmpegx can do it. In theory ffmpeg can, but it will be a lot of work to learn it.
But the learning pays off. You can do ANYthing video-related with ffmpeg.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Hello!

First of all: thank you for this wonderful tool!

Is there an option to mark several movies at once. I only see the option movie by movie or all movies.
I've just run an update on my TV Shows folder as I'm adding new series' and episodes to it.

I have found that a few of the .nfo files are being named twice as follows:

Beached Az S02E02 - The Pelican [270p]Beached Az S02E02 - The Pelican.nfo

The name of the accompanying video file is;

Beached Az S02E02 - The Pelican [270p].mp4

It only happens to *some* files though, not *all*.

Any ideas what's going on?
Something else I just noticed, and not sure if this is 100% accurate as I've not had a chance to try and repeat the issue.

While I was running an update on a single TV show I started up Safari (it had about ten tabs open because... kids). Until I opened Safari the ViMM progress bar had been tootling along happily, after Safari started up the progress bar just stopped and didn't move again at all for the ten minutes I had Safari open (it was sitting in the background doing "nothing" for most of that time). As soon as I closed Safari the progress bar revved up and started moving again and finished the task in about 30 seconds.

Is it likely that Safari is blocking ViMM from doing stuff?

EDIT:

I should also add that I've been running the same action this whole time with Chrome running in the background (ten tabs open) and no problems at all.

So I just ran a test a few times as follows;

Have a TV Show (The Andromeda Strain 2008) with only two episodes (total) in a correctly named series folder.

The two episodes are the only files in the folder.

Both episodes are correctly named except one has a string of extra characters on the end of the filename (to force ViMM to rename it)

I have Safari and Chrome running with ten pages each open.

Run the "Update - Selection" option.

ViMM runs the action and gets stuck on downloading information for a good two minutes, then it starts up again and finishes the task (downloads information, creates an "Season 01" folder, moves the files into the season folder and renames the dodgy file).

The whole process took about 3-4 minutes.

Without Safari running the same test took about 30 seconds.

Watching the network traffic on Little Snitch Network Monitor shows that their is hardly any traffic from either Chrome or Safari during either of these tests but ViMM is logged as using the network.
@mc.hoodle: Right now it's a one or all kind of deal.

@demosthien: I'm fairly certain it should be a 'Season 01' folder. Wink
Maybe moving ViMM to the background makes it's general processing go inactive, if you're using the 'intel' version, try the latest cocoa build or visa-versa to see if it changes anything: (If in the 'about' window the version ends with an 'i' you have the 'intel' version, a 'c' stands for the 'cocoa' version.)
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

I don't know why the episode file get's double-named yet, and I can't seem to replicate it easily.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
(2015-03-20, 00:05)MariusTh86 Wrote: @demosthien: I'm fairly certain it should be a 'Season 01' folder. Wink
Maybe moving ViMM to the background makes it's general processing go inactive, if you're using the 'intel' version, try the latest cocoa build or visa-versa to see if it changes anything: (If in the 'about' window the version ends with an 'i' you have the 'intel' version, a 'c' stands for the 'cocoa' version.)
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

I don't know why the episode file get's double-named yet, and I can't seem to replicate it easily.

Oops... Yep, I mean Season 01. I am using version 0.7a13c and I'm not moving ViMM to the background. I have it running in the foreground with the two browsers open and get it to run the update while I'm watching it.

The duplicate name is happening on quite a few .nfo files now. I'll try to narrow down what might be doing it. I'd guess it's when I run the rename action on a file that already has the correct name?
(2015-03-20, 00:05)MariusTh86 Wrote: ...snip...

I tried replicating the duplicate name issue by running a full update on a single TV Show (The Octonauts). There are two seasons of around 50 episodes in each season.

Each season folder contained both the video file as well as a previous .nfo file (from ViMM).

Each file (both video and .nfo - I'll call them file pairs from now on) was already named using the following format: Octonauts S01E50 - The Giant Spider Crab.ext

I've got ViMM to use that same format except with the addition of screen resolution at the end of the filename.

Ignore E51 as it is actually a Special "S00" that I need to rename (I didn't realise until I ran this test), hence it gets no .nfo love from ViMM.

Test A

I took screen caps of the directory (from an FTP client this allowed me to "pause" the action and get screen caps by using manual refresh) as ViMM ran an "Update" on the selected TV Show, they're located on DropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxn678j9kekwu...CZ7ca?dl=0

ViMM - Test A1: Shows ViMM has started the file renaming process. already has 2 file pairs with the duplicate named .nfo

ViMM - Test A2: Shows ViMM has renamed another file pair (E50) in the correct format. It eventually finished the process and had some file pairs named correctly and others with the duplicated name .nfo.

Test B

I then ran the "Update" a second time the same way without making any changes to the files after the first test.

ViMM - Test B1: During the "Episodes" part of the process (the title on the progress bar) ViMM appeared to randomly choose episodes to work on (ie: it did not follow an ordered sequence - this is despite the files being named sequentially). Also, it renamed all the file pairs by removing the resolution tag from the end of the filenames (which seems to me to be a duplication of effort if it's going to rename them all again later - especially in this case when it just adds that tag back on again). You can see this has happened on E47 (which had a duplicated .nfo from the previous update).

ViMM - Test B2: All the resolution tags have now been removed (ignore E51 as I mentioned earlier), the ViMM progress bar "Renaming" process has not yet begun, it is still running the "Episodes" part.

ViMM - Test B3: The "Renaming" process has now begun. Some files have been given the resolution tag and you can see some file pairs have now got the duplicated .nfo filename. Note particularly E47, it had a duplicate .nfo in Test A but now has the correct .nfo filename. Also E49 was correct after Test A but is now duplicated while E46 had the duplicate after Test A and does so again after Test B.

ViMM - Test B4: Note ViMM has deleted the .nfo associated with the E44 file pair. I couldn't tell if this happened for every file pair (as I was reliant on forcing refresh rates of the FTP client) but it did not appear to do so every single time, only occasionally.

ViMM - Test B5: The final image shows all the files after ViMM has completed the second "Update" process.
Ran another test... Thought I'd check out my settings in the Preferences and see if changing something there made a difference.

Test C

Changed my "NFO File Name" from "tvshow.nfo" to "<show>.nfo" ( to be honest I'm not even sure what the difference between these two options is... I would have thought that the "tvshow.nfo" option actually renamed the files to "tvshow.nfo"?). Took a screen cap of the final result after updating the show again.

ViMM - Test C1: E46 and E48 have swapped from their previous correct/duplicate status. No other change noted.
ViMM really does not like this show, the ellipsis (three dots) at the end of the title seem to make ViMM angry and it changes the show title to a random series of characters instead.

A recent fine example was IZ0T7F~F

Imagine ...

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=74910
I think I have worked out the duplicate .nfo issue.

After fiddling with a number of settings it seems that it is the Resolution $R tag in the episode rename pattern preference that may be causing this issue. After I changed the pattern and removed the $R tag I ran an update on a dozen different TV shows and did not encounter the duplication again.

My previous rename pattern (the one that duplicated): $N S$0SE$0E - $T [$R]

The one that does not duplicate is: $N S$0SE$0E - $T
(2015-03-20, 00:05)MariusTh86 Wrote: @mc.hoodle: Right now it's a one or all kind of deal.

thx for your support!
Is there a way to automate the extracting of .rar files when updating a tvshow?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
@Ruk12345: An automator action might be able to find all the .rar files inside a selected folder and open them all at once.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19