Mac OS X - ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.74 Average
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
It seems to be a rather random error with little effect on the outcome, for now i've set it on the 'ignore' list of the latest nightly build, let me know if there's anything I should watch out for.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

P.S. Thank you! same to you. Wink

ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for Mac OS X
find quote
Ruk12345 Offline
(2017-01-03 16:36)MariusTh86 Wrote:  It seems to be a rather random error with little effect on the outcome, for now i've set it on the 'ignore' list of the latest nightly build, let me know if there's anything I should watch out for.

P.S. Thank you! same to you. Wink

Thanks and will do, so far seems random!

Intel NUC Haswell I3
libreelec
Kodi - Krypton
find quote
_SDK_ Offline
I have had this problem starting just before the holidays.

It went away briefly and came back again.

The log I have posted is the first complete one I have been able to capture as the error completely freezes the app on my machine.

It also (sadly) mashes up my database.

My solution has been to delete everything and re-add my files... very time consuming

It seems to be related to fanart servers in some way as the freeze always occurs when downloading their metadata.

I still continue to get corrupted cast thumbnails that (all) are unviewable.

This is all recent as I have used ViMedia Manager from day one without too much trouble.

I have already reported this problem to Vidal. I am posting this new instance here for the more knowledgeble users than myself to, perhaps, provide a better solution than to delete and build a new database... Regards

[img][Image: Vi_Managererror.jpg]free screen capture[/img]

[Image: VIManager_error.jpg]greenshot
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
The 'Bad Gateway' error should be ignored in the nightly build I released just earlier.

I don't believe I've encountered the errors in the last screenshot though.

Edit

The cast thumbs are indeed currently broken, I seem to be getting a HTML error page instead saying "ERROR: The request could not be satisfied" instead of the image.

(This post was last modified: 2017-01-03 19:36 by MariusTh86.)
find quote
_SDK_ Offline
Yes Vidal,

They both seem to happen independently as well as the same time.

Usually with three to 5 files being added at once.

When the smaller one shows I can close the window and re-add individually

When the big error happens it always freezes the app on my machine and I have to hard quit.

After that, if I restart the app my entire database is funky and the same errors become more frequent hence the reason I have just been deleting the DB and re-scanning the files.

As I mentioned to you before, after I had thoroughly cleaned/scoured all the metadata and started from scratch, I was able to re-add a massive amount of files without problem.

As you see it did return when I tried to add a few new files as a group several days later.

Add'l: I still have corrupted cast thumbnails no matter what I do...

Regards
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-03 19:38 by _SDK_.)
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
I'm not sure if this is what you're already doing, but most wonky database issues should be straightened out by choosing the 'Rescan folders' item from the 'File' menu.

(This post was last modified: 2017-01-03 19:43 by MariusTh86.)
find quote
_SDK_ Offline
Yes, Thanks.

That does work for most.

Why I go a bit deeper is that as I add new files the big error becomes more and more frequent.

It all seems to reset if I delete the DB and rescan (leaving previous metadata in place)

Thanks again for the great application and all your hard work to support. It is appreciated.
find quote
Ruk12345 Offline
I have an odd question.

I recently started using a remote app for Kodi and had issues getting it to see my tv show info. Long story short this is due to the nfo's adding

<id movedb="IMDB">xxxxx</Id>

To the nfo files.
I unchecked IMDB in settings and changed the get ratings from to tvdb
Then when updating a show (after I manually removed the IMDB line)
It's right back there.

In essence I just want the <id movedb="TVDB">xxxxx</Id>

[Image: 2dcelq9.jpg]

Hoping easy way to disable IMDB so anything new I scrape doesn't get that added to the Nfo.

Still looking for a easy way to batch edit the existing entries out lol

Intel NUC Haswell I3
libreelec
Kodi - Krypton
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-04 02:11 by Ruk12345.)
find quote
Ruk12345 Offline
More specfically this is the issue I am having: from the Kyra for Kodi remote thread.

The Kodi API only knows an imdbnumber and puts for the series the tvdbid in that.
Removing the imdbnumber in the nfo file (or putting the tvdbid value in the imbnumber) is causing Kodi to return the tvdbid as the imdbnumber.

You now have in your database series with an imdbid as imdbnumber. The kodi series scraper uses tvdb as a source, which doesn't know imdbids and therefore puts the tvdbid in the imdbnumber.

It's not something I can fix in the app. TVDB doesn't work with imdbnumbers. It's useless for me.

In my opinion it's best NOT to work with local nfo's. Just let Kodi do it's work. The Kodi scrapers I mean.

I can also see in your nfo file links to a tvdb xml file (episodeguide). tvdb has a new api which doesn't work like that anymore. It could stop working at one moment.
The kodi scraper however gets updated automatically so you don't have to worry about that.

Intel NUC Haswell I3
libreelec
Kodi - Krypton
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
There's no easy way to get rid of the IMDb ID from the .nfo file, since I believe that the TVDB also provides it. (in order to link entries)

You could try setting the .nfo format to 'Boxee', which uses <boxeeid moviedb=""> instead of <id moviedb="">, but i'm not sure if that'll help.

find quote
_SDK_ Offline
Been fine for a while but got a new one tonight.

when I checked the metadata downloaded, the crash occured while downloading only "actor thumbs" for the 3rd out of 4 films just re-added to the library.

The 4th film had downloaded no metadata. That seems to be when all of these odd crashes happen.

Regards...

[Image: Untitled.jpg]gifs upload
find quote