Scrape for missing episodes in TV library
Currently, when scraping for TV shows, all Series>Seasons>Episodes are added to the library (which - obviously - is the point of scraping). However, if you're missing something (entire season or a few episodes), the task of filling in the blanks can be EXTREMELY tedious and somewhat daunting Confused -- and that's assuming you even realize you missed a couple.

For argument sake, let's just say I'm being a bit dramatic about the whole "task of filling in the blanks" thing (which I'm sure you'd all agree that I am not :p), wouldn't it still be nice for any missing seasons/episodes to be listed in the library anyway. I would love to see a "grayed-out" listing (or something to that effect) of what I'm missing in-line with what I have. The feature could be toggled on/off at the episode and/or season level in the Set Content settings.

Let's say I have all available seasons of Dexter, but I'm missing episode 3 of season 5. Instead of listing episodes 1, 2,, 4, etc. it would list 1, 2, [3 - missing], 4, etc. At this point, I'd immediately know I'd need to add ep. 5x3 before confusing myself (which isn't tough to do) by mistakenly skipping to ep. 4. Or, let's say I missing season 5 all together, I'd still be able to see it, select it and browse episodes (including info) that I have yet to collect. Could even work for upcoming seasons and/or episodes as they get added to the tvdb (or whatever scraper is being used).

I'd like to see this as an integral feature, but if it would work best as a plugin or add-on, then just say so and I'll post elsewhere.

Any thoughts?

***I apologize in advance if this has already been touched on and/or shot down in a previous thread that I missed in half-a$$sed a search***
I think it is a nice but you can also use sickbeard for that. Sickbeard really starts to shine in combination with a usenet account but scanning for missing episodes works without one.
My thoughts are you should use sickbeard. Fill in those missing episodes rather than seeing episode info and having to fill them in yourself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape for missing episodes in TV library0