Show buffering-status (on any web-stream)
Hi,

it would be nice to see the buffering status of a web-stream, imho.
Basically, this is very common for any web-player.

Example: (gray buffering)

I missed this feature, especially because there are lots of addons with video-streams lately
and you can't figure out if you can lean back and watch your show or have to wait in x minutes.

Just an idea. Smile

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
This feature has been added in Eden (correct me if I'm wrong)

In any case, press 'o' to see the buffer status
garbear Wrote:This feature has been added in Eden (correct me if I'm wrong)

In any case, press 'o' to see the buffer status

It has been but there are some funky things going on with it. The indicator shows how much of the buffer is filled and not how much of the show has been buffered. So for the majority of the time, unless it is actively buffering, the indicator is at 100% which is not the same thing as the pic displayed in the OP.

This causes strange things to occur; specifically when fast-forwarding. Trying to fast-forward works fine but the time returned is wrong. I would guess it's basing the current time on the "watched" time of the buffer / total time whereas it should be the actual "watched" time / total time.

Example: watching a streamed video through IceFilms, I'm able to press fast-forward. Doing this will return, say, 35:10 / 54:00 as it fast-forwards; up to 54:00 where the buffer has been completely fast-forwarded through and I can no longer continue fast-forwarding. Press play to resume watching and the actual current time will be returned as 4:34 / 54:00.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show buffering-status (on any web-stream)0