Telnet/SSH access to XBMC python interpreter
is it possible to connect via telnet or ssh to the python interpreter of xbmc and get access to the python shell ? i guess this would help make it a lot easier to debug and test scripts.

is there the concept of stdin/stdout/stderr on the xbmc? if there is then im guessing that it should be possible to redirect them to a socket.

im not at home right now so i cant try it out myself Smile. if i dont hear back from anyone i will try it later tonite and let you know if it works

wow so it does work Smile. i used a simple python script that just copies stdin/stdout to the socket and back and i can telnet into the xbox and get a python interpreter prompt.

i shall release the sources in a few days as soon as i test it a little more Smile.

is there any interest in this?
hi.

i dont know exactly what to do with it but it sounds interesting.
i'm not very skilled with telnet or ssh. Rolleyes
well, i dont think that it will be of much use to non-developers. it just helps script developers to be able to get closer to the python interpreter in xbmc.

right now i am also trying to write a simple shell to make it more usable since its not always very easy to type python commands to navigate the directory structure. and im really busy with school Sad so im not able to spend as much time as i would like to on this.
i am developing scripts.
but i never used telnet or ssh.
you say it makes it more easy and so i belive you.
maybe you can write a small tut or an explaination for "noobs" like me Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Telnet/SSH access to XBMC python interpreter0