• 1(current)
QuickTimeBrowser
download latest version (1.38) here
note: xbmcscripts.com don't allow rar files, so the latest version wasn't posted there.

script to download trailers from quicktime.com, like aqtbrowser, just better.

Quote:# apple quicktime script using itunes xml files
#   -- based on aqtbrowser by darkie
#
# @author mouton <[email protected]>
# @date 2006-03-16
# @version 1.38

installation:
- copy the directory from lib/* to your xbmc/python/lib directory.
 note: you should end up with new files in xbmc/python/lib/_xmlplus/*
- copy both .py files to your xbmc/scripts directory.
- launch quicktimebrowser.py

the initial load can take some time to complete (about 5 mins). the next times
you'll load the script, it won't take that long.

to mark a movie as a favorite, use the controller x or the remote 1 buttons.
use the same buttons to remove favorites from the list when you see your
favorites listed. you can watch your favorites trailers as you would any other
trailer (a on controller).

use the download and/or save checkboxes to download the trailer before playing
it and to save the trailers you watch on your xbox hard-drive.

finally, a dialog will pop if you set default_size = -1 or if more trailers
than the 4 standard ones are found.

enjoy!

- mouton

nice to see you have finished your script.
i haven't tried it yet, but will do it soon Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

this is cool, one thing is there any way to change the download directory to put it into my movies folder and not everything just the downloaded movies then this would be a 10 out 10 instead of a 9.8 out of 10 Smile

thanks
(britneyspairs @ mar. 31 2005,10:26 Wrote:this is cool, one thing is there any way to change the download directory to put it into my movies folder and not everything just the downloaded movies then this would be a 10 out 10 instead of a 9.8 out of 10 Smile

thanks
-open quicktimebrowser.py in a text editor
-see how easily you can change the download_dir
-marvel

btw, to use a hard-coded path, use something like:
download_dir = 'f:\\movies\\downloaded trailers'
what build(s) are you using my script successfully on ?

i'm having problems with quicktime in python on my build (i don't have sound when playing the .mov in python, but they work fine from hd!Wink using 6.3 qt dlls. darkie: anything changed in python implementation that could have caused this ?
correct me if i'm wrong, but all your script does is gives us nice links (url's) to the trailers which then mplayer playbacks ? so the issue is logically in either mplayer/codecs or xbmc itself
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

btw i did some memory measurements yesterday
xbmc current cvs, ui in 720p, pm1 skin

(one of our devs couldnt run it with debug.xbe :p)

freemem when freshly booted: 31.7mb (my scripts screen)
freemem while your script parsing, varies wildly but recordlow was: 15.3mb
freemem after all parsing done and script launches: 25.2mb
freemem while 'large' trailer playing: ~4mb

i got down to 1mb reported on lcd while playing large movie.
anyway. i must congrat you on the works. one little tip by me is that it would be better if you could load a gui start and then display download of xml progress in the gui. sometimes you may think the download is hanging, because of the long time.
ummm doesnt that downlad a lot of other stuff into the video folder ive looked at it and download path is used in many places in script.

ill look at it tonight and test and see maybe ill make another path
awesome, can't wait to try it. i'm glad to see that someone finaly used the xml. now it will be perfect and never break. no more random trailers not working. woot!
(britneyspairs @ april 01 2005,03:16 Wrote:ummm doesnt that downlad a lot of other stuff into the video folder ive looked at it and download path is used in many places in script.

ill look at it tonight and test and see maybe ill make another path
# where downloaded trailers will be saved (if selected)
# default to q:\scripts\quicktimebrowser\downloaded trailers
download_dir = path.join(replace(getcwd(), ';', ''), 'quicktimebrowser', 'downloaded trailers')

it's used for that, and only for that.
latest version:

download it here (once it gets approved)

Quote:===============
version history
===============

- fix for new itunes trailers format
- changed the way download speed it computed; should be a little more accurate now.
- data files saving is only done when exiting the script, so it shouldn't crash anymore if you try to quit immediately after watching a trailer.

- downloaded but not saved trailers will replay instantly in you replay them before quitting the script
- re-added default background; now included in pm3 by default (no need to put background3.png anywhere) - thx chokemaniac
 note: use pm3 from april 9th or + (from cvs)
- changed the choose video window layout a little; now using same background as main window
- fixed a bug that caused the list of all movies to be reduced after playing a trailer - thx pike

- removed some unnecessary parsing from update all
- fixed error handling when selecting a button with no trailer (favorites for example)
- fixed a bug that kept opening this week trailers over the weeks... also applies to newest and exclusive, when renewed by apple.

- speed meter on download

- fix in fs trailer url caching
- fix when selecting a button with no trailers in it (example empty favorites) then trying to select a trailer in the list of already shown movies
- improved error handling on bad dns settings.
- added progressbar to download and update all dialogs

- mini fix: show all didn't show all but only the 30-ish trailers found after a standard update.

- new trailers loaded by default, if any. otherwise, exclusive trailers are loaded.
- trailers removed by apple will disappear on update all
- better data file saving to prevent corruption
- saving trailers' .mov url when known. prevents from having to get it again from the xml if the trailer is played again.
- added a 'saving data file...' label at the bottom of the screen when data files are being saved to disk in the background.
 do *not* quit the script while this is on screen; it would crash xbmc.

- many fixes: studios and genres were not working; all trailers saved to disk were only from the last update, etc. you'll need to do update all to fix this.
- added proxy_script
- favorites are saved when added/removed, not just when you exit the script
- moving left from the list will return focus on the last clicked button
- data files are saved in the bg, while the file plays. :)
- can replay saved trailer without re-downloading them

- no more auto-update on load, or auto-save on quit; to update the trailers, hit the update button: this will update the exclusive, opening week and newest trailers only. hitting the update all button that appears after you did a normal update will update all 1000+ trailers.
- "new trailers" will stay in that list until the day ends or until you end the script, whichever comes last. in 1.1, as soon as you closed the script, the new trailers would disappeared...
- removed background image by default; you can put it back in the config at the top. on my xbox, i need more free ram to be able to use the script without crashing on each trailer, and removing the bg image helped.
- more free ram

- add update button
- add the 'i-wanna-see' feature (added favorites button - see readme on how to use)
- checkboxes for download before play & save to disk
upgrade: overwrite both .py files in /scripts/ and restart xbmc (if you launched the script since the last time you restarted).

enjoy.

thanks.

sup mouton, love the script great work man.
i just grabbed the 1.2 version and i like the fact that it doesn update every time you launch it but i think there might be a problem with the udate feature. when i press it i get a message saying "error:'nonetype' object has no attribute 'has_key' "
if i click ok then it says parsing the exclusive trailers but it just hangs. is this a problem on my end maybe? either way great script man
:kickass:
indeed.. my bad... repackaged as 1.21. in above thread. thx for finding that.
thank you mouton for the quick reply and for all the hard work that you have put into this script, it truly is appreciated   :kickass:

edit: just tried the 1.21 and its giving me the same message.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QuickTimeBrowser0