[RELEASE][WINDOWS] Beyond TV Live TV Client
UPDATE 01/03/12: I have decided to pick the project back up after finding a library for C# JSON-RPC services. That should give me the Remote/Inter-Process Communication I was looking for and allow for more updates. Also Development has a new blog: xbmcbtv.wordpress.com, Downloads are still at the Google Code project though.

This is a combination of Python and .NET that took about 5 days to code and debug (even then, still a little buggy.).

How it works:
-Python Script starts LiveTVProvider.exe (which has a connection to the BeyondTV WSDL)
-Python Script writes file called LiveTVProvider.rpc.in with contents "beginSession"
-Then, LiveTVProvider.exe reads file after Python closes it, Begins the MMS session and then creates a file called LiveTVProvider.rpc.out which the python script sees exists then starts playing the stream in XBMC.
When the Player is stopped, XBMC tells LiveTVProvider to quit. Ending the current session with it.
LiveTVProvider takes care of the ASP.NET Web Service Logon and KeepAlive requests.

Source Included.

Known Bugs:
- Sometimes LiveTVProvider.exe doesn't close after stopping the player
- If you aren't comfortable with LiveTVProvider running as an invisible application, open the source in VS2010 and Change the Project Type to Console Application and build in Debug mode. (Do not use the Debug Folder's version as it's older than the Release)

I'll be trying to debug the application, Hopefully this can be a good starting point to a XBMC PVR Addon.

If you decide you wish to contribute to the program's source, send me your modifications and I'll see how I can add them to the project's main source Smile

Download Link:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-live-tv-cl...loads/list

For those who just want a peek at my messy source code:
Update: The Source code is now available in the Source Tab of the Google Code Project. Remember to give credit to the original creators (BeyondTVLibrary is from a user in SnapStream's forums.)

Enjoy and tell me what you guys think Smile

EDIT: I forgot to mention in the original post and the Google Code page that you need VS 11 Developer Preview to open the Solution (At least I think I used VS 11 Dev Preview to create it.)
Nice work! I may have to re-install my BTV so I can try this out.Big Grin
Thanks, I'm at a standstill though, I can't add more features without being able to communicate between the script and program. I'm not very good with Sockets or Pipes >_> So I have to figure out one of those communication means first.
Hey ShadowEO -- I came across this post because I am looking into doing BeyondTV and XBMC integration as well. Just curious if you are still working on this and if you have made any progress. I am looking at your code tonight and should begin playing with it tomorrow.
I haven't made any real progress lately, but you are completely free to do anything you wish with the code.
I am very enthusiastic about this project! I hope someone will take it to completion...
I aim to try vogelap, I haven't gotten around to installing Visual Studio again yet due to my slow internet connection but I shall try! Big Grin

EDIT: It's nice to see some interest in a project that started as just a quick hack to enable some sort of TV viewing in XBMC for my PVR computer. Also, I would like if someone can create some sort of UI for the player >_> I'm not good with Python or XBMC skinning. I would love to have something like PseudoTV does for their player where it shows Information and such but instead of Show information, I'd rather have Channel Information and a Channel Up/Down button Big Grin (as I don't exactly know how to get show info from BTV yet.)
Thanks for the update, ShadowEO. Since I found the script (http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50587) that converts BTV's file naming convention to XBMC-compatible, I've been happily using BTV as my recording back end and XBMC as my front end.

I'm using your client to view BTV's LiveTV in XBMC, and it seems pretty good to me!

(Just noticed that you're in Ohio... Where? I am in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati -- small world!)
vogelap Wrote:Thanks for the update, ShadowEO. Since I found the script (http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50587) that converts BTV's file naming convention to XBMC-compatible, I've been happily using BTV as my recording back end and XBMC as my front end.

I'm using your client to view BTV's LiveTV in XBMC, and it seems pretty good to me!

(Just noticed that you're in Ohio... Where? I am in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati -- small world!)

About 20 miles away from Ashland. Also Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on installing Visual Studio again so I can continue again (had some problems with it.). I also have a C# version of that script in the download, not sure how you'd automate it but it's there.

Also I update on the blog that's in the first few lines of the OP when I make a new update so I can keep everyone up to date on what's happening to the code. I haven't set my SVN client back up yet so it will be a little while till I update the code. I'm working on rewriting the communications between the script and client.

EDIT: I'm afraid that I can't do too much testing right now due to some problems with my PVR computer, I think I just need to clean the PSU fan but I'm not sure and I'm afraid to turn it till I get that fan cleaned. I'm just hoping that me moving it today didn't finally kill it.
Any chance we could get this project going again? I would really like to be able to switch all my frontends to XBMC for my BTV server, but it just isn't an option without some sort of live tv. Also I'm a bit confused as to how to use it. Is it directly installed into XBMC's add-ons or does it have to be ran separately outside of XBMC?
(2012-08-20, 14:48)Masterful1 Wrote: Any chance we could get this project going again? I would really like to be able to switch all my frontends to XBMC for my BTV server, but it just isn't an option without some sort of live tv. Also I'm a bit confused as to how to use it. Is it directly installed into XBMC's add-ons or does it have to be ran separately outside of XBMC?
I would LOVE if I could use BTV as the backend and XBMC as the frontend for my personal video recorder... That would be my ideal outcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE][WINDOWS] Beyond TV Live TV Client0