XMBC and Windows 8
Here was muy solution to starting xbmc with windows. not sure if this has been added, as i did look at any of the tutorials. it was rather easy. Do to the fact that Win8 doesnt have a start menu, that you can see, you dont have a startup folder, that you can see. however, if you open File Explorer, and click the veiw tab at the top, and then select Show Hidden files and folders. Then Click the C: Drive. You should see a folder called Program Data. Open ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Add your Shortcut in this folder and viola, XBMC starts with windows.
I am still on Win 7 and no issues. A bit reluctant to upgrade to Win 8, perhaps will wait till 8.1 comes out.
Does anyone know how to undo the shell change? I did it and XBMC started fine, but the windows key no longer takes you to the menu, and after closing XBMC, all I get is a black screen I can't get out of.
do control-alt delete to open task manager then go to file then run new task it will open a run box type explorer.exe in there and press enter it will bring your desktop back
Cool, thanks, got it back!

Liking Win 8 for HTPC in general, but glad I have a touchpad, the remote controls on app are unreliable to be polite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC and Windows 81