Can I have my own Addon-Settings dialogue?
Hey Guys,

might be a simple question, hopefully...
As subject says, I would like to have my own dialogue for settings of my addon.
For those who ask why:
I have an addon that takes 5 settings...in the addon-settings i can input parts of the settings to generate a playlist...
Basically:
setting one(root-dir): C:\
setting two(music-dir): Music\
setting three(artist-dir): Artist\
setting four(album-dir): Album\
setting five(file-dir):Track01.mp3
These for settings generate a playlist m3u playlist that concats the setting to:
C:\Music\Artist\Album\Track01.mp3
and then comes XBMC.Player.Play(playlist)...this is workind so far, but I want to have my own dialogue for editing the settings...

Is this possible? If so, any hint on howto? Maybe a simple addon that I can take a look at...

BTW: This is my first experience with python so far...so no high-level-coding-skills...

Thanks to all...cheers,
Max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Hey Guys,

might be a simple question, hopefully...
As subject says, I would like to have my own dialogue for settings of my addon.
For those who ask why:
I have an addon that takes 5 settings...in the addon-settings i can input parts of the settings to generate a playlist...
Basically:
setting one(root-dir): C:\
setting two(music-dir): Music\
setting three(artist-dir): Artist\
setting four(album-dir): Album\
setting five(file-dir):Track01.mp3
These for settings generate a playlist m3u playlist that concats the setting to:
C:\Music\Artist\Album\Track01.mp3
and then comes XBMC.Player.Play(playlist)...this is workind so far, but I want to have my own dialogue for editing the settings...

Is this possible? If so, any hint on howto? Maybe a simple addon that I can take a look at...

BTW: This is my first experience with python so far...so no high-level-coding-skills...

Thanks to all...cheers,
Max

Yes! You can have your own settings. See this thread for more.

I've used this in the scripts in my signature (other than random movies).
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
hey el_p,

thanks for replying...I saw this thread before and setting the settings was no problem...my problem is, that I have written a window that I would like to use in order to set the settings...

Let me get a bit more in detail:
I want to have a window opened via python that has some radiobuttons and some text-input fields...in this window i want to make changes to the settings...
down at the button should be something like a "play" button that plays a m3u that was created from the settings I've entered above...

If this is not clear to you, pm me and I can show you some screens...
cheers,
mm
You are able to create your own 'settings' window that can be opened up from the addon itself. You are not able to change the style of skin's setting window(well you can, but not recommended.) I believe Nuka did this on the full version of Apple Movie Trailers(not the lite version)

A good script to learn the use of WindowXML is Amet's GMail Reader, then to get more advanced, you will need to know a bit of skinning.
giftie Wrote:A good script to learn the use of WindowXML is Amet's GMail Reader, then to get more advanced, you will need to know a bit of skinning.
Hey giftie...
thanks for your hint on this...I will take a look at the GMail reader...
Knowin' something about skinning is no problem...learned a lot while coding my confluence horizontal mod...to be honest, I do not fear the skinning-engine...I fear the snake ;-)
Apologies, misunderstood what you were after.

Glad to see giftie's got you pointing in the right direction.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I have my own Addon-Settings dialogue?0