Problem playing movies in Nightly build 15/9/11
I updated to the latest nightly build (15/9/11) about an hour ago and now for some reason I'm unable to get a video output from my Movie Library - all I get is Audio.

I've tried the follwing:-

Remove XBMC and install a previous version - the same thing is happening

Re-create my Movie Database - the same thing is happening.

Can anyone please helpHuh

My log file is below:-

http://pastebin.com/Lqsgr9V2

Edit: After a bit more investigation:-

Movies encoded in H.264 only plays audio - no video

Movies encoded in Xvid plays the video in 4 small boxes at the top of the screen - I also get audio.
I just tested a 720P H264 MP4 with the latest nightly. It had both audio and video. Xvid video did have a problem, almost like it was trying to do some 3D SBS (side by side). Rolling back to the previous nightly for now.

Edit: Hmm rolled back yet the bug persist. The xbmc-20110913 build also has the movie information bug. Just shows movie info for the first movie in your database no matter what movie info you are viewing.
same problem here. i had to go through the process of restoring and jailbreak again. currently using 12/9/11..can anyone confrim if 14/9/11 is working properly?
iamjustme Wrote:same problem here. i had to go through the process of restoring and jailbreak again. currently using 12/9/11..can anyone confrim if 14/9/11 is working properly?

Thanks for your reply - at least it's not just me then.

I'm just currently copying over a backup I made of XBMC about a week ago - hopefully that will sort it out.

Here's hoping!
I tried this but got no where.

Code:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get autoclean
[rebooted ATV2]
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

This put me back at the June 23rd build that is considered stable. But yet, the bug persisted. This is a strange one folks.
ady199 Wrote:Thanks for your reply - at least it's not just me then.

I'm just currently copying over a backup I made of XBMC about a week ago - hopefully that will sort it out.

Here's hoping!

did the problem start in 14/9/11 or when you updated to 15/9/11?
iamjustme Wrote:did the problem start in 14/9/11 or when you updated to 15/9/11?

15/9/11

I watched 2 movies yesterday on the build dated 14/9/11 and had no problems
Takenover83 Wrote:I tried this but got no where.

Code:
apt-get autoclean
[rebooted ATV2]

This put me back at the June 23rd build that is considered stable. But yet, the bug persisted. This is a strange one folks.

unfortunately, i had to restore and jailbreak to get it in working order again...
iamjustme Wrote:unfortunately, i had to restore and jailbreak to get it in working order again...
I am currently backing up my XBMC folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
Hating the thought of deleting it, rescraping, uninstalling xbmc again, starting fresh. But if it fixes it, it sure beats restoring and jailbreaking again. My thought is that some new setting is retained causing this bug, but I have no clue what. Will keep posted if this gets me back to "working" again.

Yep, I am working again. (no xvid bug, had audio).

Here is what I did.
Code:
apt-get autoclean
rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
[rebooted my ATV2]
wget [url]http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb[/url]
dpkg -i xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb
[Re-setup XBMC]

You can skip installing the nightly if you like. xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb does not have the bug from what I can tell.
The database version seems to have updated in current nightly. Perhaps that is causing the problems you have.
ady199 Wrote:Thanks for your reply - at least it's not just me then.

Here's hoping!

Just copied over my backup copy of a week ago - the problem still remains!!

Can any Mods please look into this problem ASAP

Thanks in advance
ady199 Wrote:Just copied over my backup copy of a week ago - the problem still remains!!

Can any Mods please look into this problem ASAP

Thanks in advance

Exit XBMC
delete your XBMC folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
Restart XBMC (one that you know does not have the bug). Does the problem remain?
Takenover83 Wrote:I am currently backing up my XBMC folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
Hating the thought of deleting it, rescraping, uninstalling xbmc again, starting fresh. But if it fixes it, it sure beats restoring and jailbreaking again. My thought is that some new setting is retained causing this bug, but I have no clue what. Will keep posted if this gets me back to "working" again.

Yep, I am working again. (no xvid bug, had audio).

Here is what I did.
Code:
apt-get autoclean
rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
[rebooted my ATV2]
wget [url]http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb[/url]
dpkg -i xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb
[Re-setup XBMC]

You can skip installing the nightly if you like. xbmc-20110912-8cb8ae1-master-atv2.deb does not have the bug from what I can tell.

I'm just trying this now - will let you know
ady199 Wrote:I'm just trying this now - will let you know

Yep - that's done the trick!!! Laugh

Many Thanks - I'm going to stick on the 12/9/11 build now...........

Now to do a full Database refresh............

Thanks again
I need to find a build that does not have the movie info bug. 20110912, 20110913 both have it. 20110914 did not, but ofcourse, that build is the one that caused us all the grief. Guess I will keep working backwords on nightlies, and hope I find one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing movies in Nightly build 15/9/110