Problem playing movies in Nightly build 15/9/11
Takenover83 Wrote:I need to find a build that does not have the movie info bug. 20110912, 20110913 both have it. 20110914 did not, but ofcourse, that build is the one that caused us all the grief. Guess I will keep working backwords on nightlies, and hope I find one.

What bug is it??
When browsing the library, bring up movie info for any movie. I do this on my ATV2 by holding down the select button for a few seconds. It will display movie information for the very first movie that was scanned into your library.

Just tried the "xbmc-20110910-caab280-master-atv2" build. It does not have the bug Smile
To anyone who hasn't nuked their userdata folders or rejailbroken. If you are still experiencing the issue please post your debug logs! We don't know if the video DB upgrade did this or not, or if it is one of many other files stored in your userdata folders. So before you start erasing everything, post your debug logs.
Edit: disregard.
Ned Scott Wrote:To anyone who hasn't nuked their userdata folders or rejailbroken. If you are still experiencing the issue please post your debug logs! We don't know if the video DB upgrade did this or not, or if it is one of many other files stored in your userdata folders. So before you start erasing everything, post your debug logs.

Hi - I did in the first post I made

http://pastebin.com/Lqsgr9V2

I'm now all working again on build dated 12/9/11
ady199 Wrote:I'm now all working again on build dated 12/9/11

THANK YOU!!! I was about to start restoring back 1 build at a time as well. Thank god you didn't have anything better to do. Smile
Same issue.

Same fix.

(thank god)
nikc Wrote:Same issue.

Same fix.

(thank god)

Glad it's working - Let's hope the Mods can sort the problem
Ned Scott Wrote:To anyone who hasn't nuked their userdata folders or rejailbroken. If you are still experiencing the issue please post your debug logs! We don't know if the video DB upgrade did this or not, or if it is one of many other files stored in your userdata folders. So before you start erasing everything, post your debug logs.

http://www.pastebin.info/2273

Clean install. Movies are black with working sound and subtitles. Or 4small views at the top of the screen.
I also have the same problem with xvids (small boxes) and x.264 (no video) but it only started with today's build - yesterday's was fine. I'll try going back to 9/12 and see if it starts working again.
I had the same issue. The problem appears to me to be with Interlacing being switched from "Auto" to "None" by default in the latest nightlies. After a bit of mucking around, I went to the OSD Video settings and switched it to Auto, which solved the problem.

To further complicate matters, the problem only showed up when I had advancedsettings.xml active, and it only showed up on some videos.

Maybe that info will help somebody.
I found one movie that worked and in the Video Settings in OSD I just checked "Set as default on all movies" and after that all my movies work. Thanks ChipsAhoy!
ChipsAhoy Wrote:I had the same issue. The problem appears to me to be with Interlacing being switched from "Auto" to "None" by default in the latest nightlies. After a bit of mucking around, I went to the OSD Video settings and switched it to Auto, which solved the problem.

To further complicate matters, the problem only showed up when I had advancedsettings.xml active, and it only showed up on some videos.

Thanks for that. I was just about to blow my XBMC install and database away and start from scratch when I saw your post! I can also confirm that this has solved my issues for all movies I was having trouble with.
ChipsAhoy Wrote:I had the same issue. The problem appears to me to be with Interlacing being switched from "Auto" to "None" by default in the latest nightlies. After a bit of mucking around, I went to the OSD Video settings and switched it to Auto, which solved the problem.

Solid info, thanks!
thank u so much! the interlace option did the trick for me aswell! thanks!

edit: i'm a little embarrased... member since 2005 - post #4 ... well - u guys actually answered every single question i ever had!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing movies in Nightly build 15/9/110