Music Video Source
Question 
Hello all,
I've been using XBMC for the better part of two years now and love it. I recently upgraded to version 10.1 and also upgraded the theme I was using (Transparency) to it's latest version.

While messing around in the settings I saw that there was a new shiny option to add music videos, but I could not figure out how.

Looking at the wiki and many articles on Google, it should be as easy as adding a new source and selecting Music Video as the content.

However, when adding a new source, the only options available are TV, Movies, and None. Music Videos is not a visible option.

I reverted back to default theme to see if the option was present there - and it was not.

I deleted all user data in my user/roaming folder and in the program files/xbmc - then reinstalled XBMC. Still no luck!

Is there any reason that I am not allowed to add Music Videos as a source? I have about 30 videos and this feature would be a wicked addition!
You need to add Yahoo as your scraper because I believe MTV is broken. If there's no valid scraper installed, it won't give the option for you to add a source. Yahoo also won't actually scrape jack, so you're going to need to include a matching .nfo file for each video. The .nfo can be pretty simple, artist and title, to get it to show up in your library. There's many examples of music video nfo if you google. This is an example of what I use:

<musicvideo>
<title>Don't Stop Believin'</title>
<artist>Journey</artist>
<album>Revalation</album>
<genre>Rock</genre>
<runtime>4:44</runtime>
<plot>Not Available</plot>
<year>Not Available</year>
<studio>Not Available</studio>
<thumb>Journey - Don't Stop Believin.jpg</thumb>
</musicvideo>

You see I even include a thumb tag which will set the thumb in the library. Just make sure that the image is included in the same directory as the nfo. Oh, and the nfo has to be named the same as the video. Example:

Journey - Don't Stop Believin.avi
Journey - Don't Stop Believin.nfo
You might need to go into your skin specific settings and enable it (in general or enable it to appear on the main menu).
I use AeonMQ2 and it appears on the main menu as SHOWS. It is also an option when setting content of a source. Then to get anything to show up under the "Shows" heading you have to create your own .nfo as suggested.
You might try doing it in that skin just as a troubleshoot test?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
It will NOT be an option without a scraper installed. The MTV scraper is broken, so you have to install Yahoo.
Thank you for your help! I am familiar with adding my own .nfo files, but how would I add yahoo as a scraper?
Harmonic Wrote:Thank you for your help! I am familiar with adding my own .nfo files, but how would I add yahoo as a scraper?

You need to go into add ons and add it. I believe it's under music video information. Once you find it, install it and then you should be able to set the content of a source as Music Videos with Yahoo as the default scraper.
Thank you. I installed the scraper and added in the NFO file.

Yahoo Music Videos is now available.

Everything is working as expected. Thanks for all your help clubwerks. I would give you more reputation but I have to 'spread it around' haha.
Harmonic Wrote:Thank you. I installed the scraper and added in the NFO file.

Yahoo Music Videos is now available.

Everything is working as expected. Thanks for all your help clubwerks. I would give you more reputation but I have to 'spread it around' haha.

Glad I can help. I just help so people get help, not to get XBMC forum brownie points. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video Source0