Listen to FLAC files
Good morning. I listen to classic music since 40 years (a lot of LPs, CDs, radio and of course live). I own a good hifi equipment. I am not expert in new technologies, just the minimum microsoft office, internet and mail. Ihave decided to change to hirez downloads and electronic music libray instead my 4000 CDs (slowly of course). I have got a Rega DAC, an MAudio Transit USB to SPDIF 24 bits, good cables,... Then I have download XBMC for managing my future music library. I have listened to some CDs on my laptop instead my good CD player, from ther though the cheap (and good) Transit to the DAC and then to pre and amp ant to my ESL 63 electrostatic speakers. Everything all right. Then I have bought form Pristine Classic a download at 24 bits in FLAC. OK. Then.. I cannot open or reading it with XBMC.

The questions are:
1.- XBMC can read FLAC files directly or I need somethin else?. XBMC is only a "manager", a "media center" or also a converter?
2.- If yes, what do I wrong and must I do?
3.- If not, which converter (hi fi, high quality, please) you advise (toobar 2000, songbird,...) and how must I "blend" or use (sorry I said i know very little about uing PCs) the converter and XBMC.

Thanks for your advise.

Joseluisdiaz
Hello,

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I can assure you that XBMC does play FLAC files as I have many in my library.

Mark
XBMC plays *.FLAC files directly. I recommend you to use WASAPI OUT for you DAC (in Settings --> Audio).
Joseluisdiaz Wrote:Then I have bought form Pristine Classic a download at 24 bits in FLAC. OK. Then.. I cannot open or reading it with XBMC.

XBMC can certainly play FLACs. What happens when you try to play your FLAC? Do you get an error message or does it just not play? Have you tried playing it with any other media player e.g. mplayer?

XBMC has a "debug logging" mode that gives extra info for investigating problems. If you want us to look at the problem you need to provide a debug log. Enable debug logging by going to System settings, System, Debugging and selecting "Enable dug logging". Now close XBMC. Run XBMC again and try to play the FLAC, then close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

and click OK. The debug log should open in Notepad. Now open Internet Explorer, go to http://pastebin.com/ and copy and paste the debug log. Pastebin will give you a link to the log. Post that link here and I'll have a look. Don't post the whole log in the forum as it's too long.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listen to FLAC files0