Rig Similar to ND-22
Hi

Ideally I would like a Zotac ND-22 with a TV Tuner card and Blu-Ray Drive however unless I get a usb tuner card and external drive this isnt going to be possible.

Does anyone know if its possible to build a rig similar in power consumption to the Zotac and that can be as quiet as possible. Also if it could be similar in cost to the Zotac (obviously before the blu ray and tv tuner cards are added!)

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=822459&postcount=1
Do you know if this is as powerful and energy efficient? As this will probably get left on all day...
imnotreallyhere Wrote:Do you know if this is as powerful and energy efficient? As this will probably get left on all day...

not only more powerful but, it literally destroys the ND22 Tongue
Does that mean it will also cost quite a bit more to run , power consumption wise?
just a bit
Any idea what the wattage difference would be?

Is there another processor combo that would be closer to the nd22 in terms of speed and power useage or is it not worth it?
If you want to watch HDTV you probably need something more powerful than the nd22. Minimum system requirements for most TV tuner cards is a dual core processor with 2GHz or more for HDTV. Eskro's build should be able to handle that.
Ahh didnt think about that.

Its a real shame that zotac havent built this into one of the pre built zotacs!

Does anyone have the g850? Just wondered what the system build eskro mentioned above actually used in terms of watts?
I haven't yet bought the items above as have still been wondering if its the best option.

Now I've seen this :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110613

Question for Eskro really , is this a better option than listed above?

Is it likely to be more energy efficient than the pentium once the graphics card has been added?

Thanks for your help
thats a fairly new platform, FM1, so,
unLess you wanna Ginnie pig,
i'd choose something else at the moment,,,

as i was explaining, it looks promising,
but i'd wait a bit and read reviews about how it handles stuff...

but those new AMD APU have onBoard video so,
no extra video card needed...
Im now looking to be able to do video re-encoding so an i3 2100t (or 2100 if that works fine as well -its a bit cheaper?) looks to be the best bet - and only works out around £30 more than if i got the new AMD Llano.

Question for eskro or someone is I have read that XBMC has problems running on the i3?
I don't think it's XBMC that had problems, I think it's the i3 has some issues with certain video formats if you don't get a separate video card.
Kirky99 Wrote:I don't think it's XBMC that had problems, I think it's the i3 has some issues with certain video formats if you don't get a separate video card.

I think it was the other way around. I think it was indeed XBMC's issue because it was an XBMC nightly build that supposedly fixed it, based on what I was reading.

While i3 users were reporting problems with XBMC, they also had perfect playback using alternative media players, which alone isolated the finger-pointing to XBMC alone.

This is of course just based on what I'm reading. I stumbled across that info as I was researching i3/HTPC discussions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rig Similar to ND-220