Ready to Try Pre-Eden
Maybe this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the answer. I would like to try one of the newer releases but just want to make sure I don't destroy Dharma in case I want to go back. I assume I just back up everything in User/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC and save it somewhere else and I am good to go.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks much

Mark
Yes.

You might want to install Eden into a different directory e.g. C:\Program Files\XBMC2. Then you can run either version.

JR
Correct if your running win7 and your not in portable mode

You can if you like install a Pre-Eden build into different directory and run it in portable mode then you can test new builds but keep your current XBMC this is what I do BUT make sure its in portable mode before you run it the first time

Its still a good idea to backup your current build in case you forget Smile

Edit: I guess portable mode is optional I thought there was a difference in the database personally I test in portable mode just in case something changes in the db which doesn't allow you to revert back
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
installed pre eden todays build but i dnt see any difference in the build form my dharma build at all?// what am i missing here.. also
does pre eden have any hd audio support built in? in audio config i still see only Is dts capable receiver and is ac3 capable receiver options.. no dts-ma, truehd etc
thanks all, i will check out the new builds
hardrock_121 Wrote:installed pre eden todays build but i dnt see any difference in the build form my dharma build at all?// what am i missing here.. also
does pre eden have any hd audio support built in? in audio config i still see only Is dts capable receiver and is ac3 capable receiver options.. no dts-ma, truehd etc

They're very different but I don't think it's anything that visually is going to jump out at you.

As for HD audio, follow bluray's threads to get that working. You basically need to install another experimental version in a separate location and run XBMC from that location, leaving your normal pre Eden installation in place. Works pretty slick. I've been watching DTS-HD MA and TrueHD movies all week. Getting ready to watch another one a few.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ready to Try Pre-Eden0