Fanart not loading correctly
Hi there,

in Directory Mode (Dharma 10.1) I see all posters (cover thumbnails) but in Database Mode I all of a sudden have the problem that many posters don't show up.

- Some do
- Some show the fanart (in thumbnail size)
- Some show just a film icon.

Some seem to regenerate with time (first film, then fanart, then poster) but not all do so I get stuck with quite many film icons and quite many thumbnails with heavily distorted fanart.

This happend after I backed everything up and played it back after fiddling with Eden pre - but actually everything is the same as before.

I did make a database dump (separate files) but
a) strangely it didn't export into every folder (no idea why .. but different issue)
b) I am using the database before the dump (so it shouldn't matter)

But could the files in the folders distract xbmc or might something else be the culprit?

Edit: BTW .. I already deleted the textures db but this didn't help.

Anyone?
It could be a number of things... I've seen some posts stating Eden file/library mode will be different than Dharma. My guess is perhaps pre-Eden didn't get properly UN-installed and/or a bad re-instal of Dharma ??
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Actually I didn't uninstall .. I just deleted what was in the eden folders and unzipped my old installation there. I always thought that xbmc doesn't have anything anywhere else.
Wrong?
I don't know for sure if you are "wrong" or not. It does seem like there might be some sort of 'cross contamination' going on. I just assumed you did clean instals of the versions. I guess because that is what I would have done (if the pre-eden is not like a softawre upgrade installer). Reverting back to Dharma... I would think that would require a clean install IDK.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
There's a instalation folder and a userdata folder.
If you did not backup the userdata folder before switching to pre-eden the only option is to start over.

Dharma cannot handle the pre-eden databasesand even some add-ons that were installed.
If this is the case delete the usedata folder and just start Dharma 10.1
This way you have a fresh start.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am aware thet there is a user and a programm folder.
I did backup and restore both folders @ both locations so the db was in the correct dharma format.
for me, sometimes it can take less time to just start over from scratch than to dig and find and correct the little thing that is screwing the whole thing up. Not something I do every day of course...
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not loading correctly0