TMT5 and XBMC as External Player
I have looked at AVS forum, Archsoft, and here and have not found the answer to my question..

Can you make a playercorefactory.xml that will launch .mkv files with TMT5, play them full screen, and then revert back to XBMC when the movie is stopped? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. If it IS possible, would someone mind sharing their .xml file.

TIA

Mark
acemt Wrote:I have looked at AVS forum, Archsoft, and here and have not found the answer to my question..

Can you make a playercorefactory.xml that will launch .mkv files with TMT5, play them full screen, and then revert back to XBMC when the movie is stopped? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. If it IS possible, would someone mind sharing their .xml file.

TIA

Mark
you might want to take a look at these threads-play Bluray iso with xbmc and HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rate
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Believe me, I have looked at those threads and more, however, I want to do MORE than just play iso files and blu-ray folders. I want to play ALL of my rips and .mkv's with an external player (TNT or PowerDVD).

To reiterate, is it possible to have XBMC launch the external player, play the movie full screen, and then quit back to XBMC after stopping the movie?

Thanks again

Mark
acemt Wrote:Believe me, I have looked at those threads and more, however, I want to do MORE than just play iso files and blu-ray folders. I want to play ALL of my rips and .mkv's with an external player (TNT or PowerDVD).

To reiterate, is it possible to have XBMC launch the external player, play the movie full screen, and then quit back to XBMC after stopping the movie?

Thanks again

Mark
sorry mark...if you ask me when i was in my playercorefactory prime, i could have made a code for you. i stopped combine tmt5 with xbmc a while ago. i have moved on to an easier xbmc pre-eden solution, and it can playback every bd files (iso, m2ts, mkv, avi, etc) with dts-hd/truehd so far.

good luck!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks Bluray,

Yes, I followed your other threads and tried Pre-eden last week. I had problems with the menus using my Ipad (XBMC Commander) so I went back to Dharma. Hopefully soon, these problems will be fixed and I can go back to your solution. Thanks for your help.

Mark
acemt Wrote:Can you make a playercorefactory.xml that will launch .mkv files with TMT5, play them full screen, and then revert back to XBMC when the movie is stopped?

XBMC takes back control when the external player exits. It doesn't have any way of knowing when the external player has stopped playing the video, so it waits for the external player to exit.

Many media players can take a flag on the command line to tell them to exit after playing the requested file. I don't know whether TMT5 does this or not.

Have you tried it?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:XBMC takes back control when the external player exits. It doesn't have any way of knowing when the external player has stopped playing the video, so it waits for the external player to exit.

Many media players can take a flag on the command line to tell them to exit after playing the requested file. I don't know whether TMT5 does this or not.

Have you tried it?

JR

I tried it with Powerdvd and it would not work. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it with TMT and had success. Your explanation makes sense that it probably wouldn't work either. I'll just wait for a while for a more stable pre-eden. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMT5 and XBMC as External Player0