Movie Scrapper won't stop scanning even for files
Hi there,

I am currently using a jailbroken ATV2 with the latest Eden version of XBMC and love it!..... I store all my files on a 2TB Time Capsule as the HDD which XBMC is pointed to.

One small problem I am finding is that the 'Movies' folder runs a scan on every start up and repeatedly finds 'movie information' which is not needed and does it over and over and over again. It is actually finding TV show info which I don't want/need it to do (its already there in TV Shows). I have separate files on my HDD for movies and for tv shows. The files are all named corrected as per TheTVDB or iMDB and XBMC is pointed to the correct folder with the relevant scraper.

Bizarrely my 'Movies' folder displays literally thousands of files which aren't actually there, for example 'Arrested Development' has maybe 30 files (actual episodes) in one folder in the TV shows folder, however the movies folder has maybe 300+ entries for the same show, and keeps getting more each time, none of the extra ones actually work. I even have files which are appearing for shows I haven't downloaded (thousands of the), they don't even exist on the HDD when I access it from my mac, but they show up on the ATV2/XBMC in Movies??.... weird or what!!

Obviously I want the movies folder to do a scan whenever I start up as I may have added new files so don't want to switch off the scrapper.

Also, I really want to get rid of the files which aren't actually there as it makes searching for movies impossible as I have to scroll down literally hundreds of pages!!.... how do I clean this up?

anyone got any ideas?
Please help

Many thanks
Post a copy of your sources.xml file and xbmc.log. Your database is full of crap so you might as well delete it and start again. At least it will have less rubbish in it.
Hi there, thanks for your help, I am new to all of this.

I think I have understood what you have asked for and I have pasted my log succesfully here

http://pastebin.com/Y7c7hdXP

I would be really grateful if you could look at this and advise me what is up with my XBMC

Also, if you could point me in the right direction of how I can clean up my database to get rid of all the false or ghost(?) files that don't actually exist on my time capsule HDD

Thanks so much for your help
Code:
01:03:29 T:182353920 * DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'afp://10.1.1.2:548/Data/Paul's Files on TC/TV Series/Arrested Development /' due to no change (fasthash)

its there ... maybe you did scrape your tv shows folder with the movie scraper? you should split movies and tv shows ... make them 2 sources and set content right for each...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, but thats exactly what I have done. On my TC HDD I have a folder for both 'TV shows' and one for 'Movies' and a content source for each of them (one is theTVDB the other is iMDB)

I don't understand what I need to do with that piece of code.

So how can I fix this problem?

I have tried to clean the database but it doesn't help.

Thanks
Remove your databases and reboot: (via SSH)
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db

You should paste your sources.xml file so that we can see what you have set up

You seem to have your movies and tv sources pointing to the same location. It is checking your tv shows against imdb instead of thetvdb.
Hi there, I have removed the database via SSH as instructed (XBMC now only shows 'Files' and 'Add ons' upon start up in videos now)

So how do I paste the sources.xml file? I am guessing it is the same process as pasting the XBMC.log but I am not sure where to find it when using cyberduck.

please point me in the right direction and I will paste asap

You guys are being so helpful!

Many thanks
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml
Thanks, here it is
http://pastebin.com/P3ksU2s7

let me know what I can do now.... thank you so much!
The sources seem to be ok. Have you assigned the right scrapers to them?
You no longer have the afp source so it could have been the result of a lot of stuffing about. Try updating the library again.
Thanks, I have reset the source for both files with the correct scraper (although I am sure it was correct before) and run a new scan. Now that the old DB has gone after removing via SSH, it seems to be fine and working as it should be.

So far so good, thanks for your help guys!!

Love this system, its awesome!
Hi,

Just browsing….

I had this problem, but being new to XBMC thought it was just a problem of how it worked. However, on recently upgrading my ATV2 to 5.1 and restarting with a new library in XBMC it is working now perfectly.

I can confirm that I had a number of issues with AFP connections… I don't know why I was so stubborn in using AFP (probably because I use an Apple Airport Extreme and related Airdisks). I can also confirm that I had tried changing some sources to SMB, but that caused even more problems.

When I tried to clean the entire library, I got down to having NO sources (either in media or plain), but XBMC still thought I head some TV shows (or was it movies?)… and still did long library updates for no content.

So, I write this post just to say: stick to SMB, and if you are going to change a source, make sure you first set the source to NO content / scarping and update so that you clean your library first.

Nic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Scrapper won't stop scanning even for files0