ATV2 / No audio output & crash in music library / Movies working fine
Hello,

I searched the forum but my problem doesn't seem to be familiar to anyone else. I just set up XBMC on my ATV2 again hoping there would be some improvements concerning the performance and stability since I tried some months ago. And there are, however there is also an issue which didn't occur with earlier builds: Audio output isn't working when trying to play something from my music library which consists of MP3s and Apple Lossless files, both formats won't work. Audio output in movies is fine however.
Furthermore once I try to play music from my library and then attempt to play another song XBMC freezes immediately. The only way to recover us to killall via ssh.

Summary:
- No audio on the initial attempt to play music
- freeze once trying to play another audio file
- audio output in movies is flawless

Is this issue known? Did I miss anything?

My ATV2 is jailbroken with the latest Seas0npass version, XBMC was installed via NitoTV today. My audio and video files are served from a Synology NAS via SMB.

Could someone help me with this problem?
thirdsun Wrote:Hello,

I searched the forum but my problem doesn't seem to be familiar to anyone else. I just set up XBMC on my ATV2 again hoping there would be some improvements concerning the performance and stability since I tried some months ago. And there are, however there is also an issue which didn't occur with earlier builds: Audio output isn't working when trying to play something from my music library which consists of MP3s and Apple Lossless files, both formats won't work. Audio output in movies is fine however.
Furthermore once I try to play music from my library and then attempt to play another song XBMC freezes immediately. The only way to recover us to killall via ssh.

Summary:
- No audio on the initial attempt to play music
- freeze once trying to play another audio file
- audio output in movies is flawless

Is this issue known? Did I miss anything?

My ATV2 is jailbroken with the latest Seas0npass version, XBMC was installed via NitoTV today. My audio and video files are served from a Synology NAS via SMB.

Could someone help me with this problem?

[AppleTV/iOS] Installation/FAQ that sticky thread at the top of all the posts must have been to hard to find for you Smile
chuckles Wrote:[AppleTV/iOS] Installation/FAQ that sticky thread at the top of all the posts must have been to hard to find for you Smile

Sorry, you're right - My problem is adressed in the second post of the FAQ - I just read through the first post assuming this is all I need to know. Nevermind. I just installed the Nightly Build anyway and it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 / No audio output & crash in music library / Movies working fine0