XBMC live and external usb hard drive
Hey everybody,

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for this amazing community!!

Secondly,

I am wanting to install xbmc live on a zotac ud22 and attach a external hard drive with all of my media on it.

However, I'm linux-dumb.

Can anybody help me? Is this even possible?

Thanks again!

Adam
That's what I do. I have a little Asus EB1012P with XBMCLive, and a 3tb external drive. Nothing special to do, install Live, plug in the drive, and enjoy. When you're adding your sources in XBMC keep in mind that all external drives will show up in the "Media" directory.
So if i plug in the drive before boot, it will show up automatically right? Also, it appears in the media folder? So I can still create a source and add it to xbmc right? I won't have to browse to individual media every time the machine boots right?

Thanks again!
(2011-09-20, 21:14)Thunderbisciut Wrote: That's what I do. I have a little Asus EB1012P with XBMCLive, and a 3tb external drive. Nothing special to do, install Live, plug in the drive, and enjoy. When you're adding your sources in XBMC keep in mind that all external drives will show up in the "Media" directory.

In case anyone searches for the same problem I was having (XBMC not finding their external drive) this post is spot on. I'm guessing this person doesn't post here anymore but a big thanks to them. I looked all over and couldn't find the answer - the external drive is hidden away in the root/media folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC live and external usb hard drive0