Best way to view photos
I dont really want to view all my photos via iTunes to ATV2 and I find that viewing them through XBMC is pretty slow.

What method is everyone using?

ATV2 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC Darwin 11.0.0

thanks all Smile
Just add a source pointing to the location of the pictures the same as you do with videos and music.

Use the context menu for pictures.
Ok will try that thanks.

Although ive just been having another play with the native photo options, and there are quite a few handy settings to choose from which I didnt notice before. Also large photo files open quicker than in XBMC. But I will try as you suggested aswell
Jimton, any sucess with this in native lowtide? I son't really want to have to use XBMC as it is an extra layer of complexity - but the native photo library is a) slooooooow b) cannot load v large libraries
Tom, I dont quite follow what do you mean by 'lowtide'?
jimton Wrote:XBMC Darwin 11.0.0

That's not the XBMC version number. Darwin is the iOS kernel. See: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS...running.3F
jimton Wrote:Tom, I dont quite follow what do you mean by 'lowtide'?

Lowtide is the main gui that you load into upon starting atv. Its the main launcher (that menu you scroll across to launch youtube, XBMC etc).

I am looking to be able to browse photos from within atv natively, without having to launch XBMC. The standard photo library options (through itunes) is so very slow, and fails on large libraries
I think since this is the XBMC forum - your question should go to an apple forum instead.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to view photos0