Movie Sets and Library issues
Hi Stoli,

In the last week or two I've had strange issues with the Neon skin not showing the movies in my library correctly. I've done a lot to narrow this down to the Neon skin though I can't say I recall when Neon was last updated on my system (perhaps a change on nightly builds that makes Neon not work?)

I've noticed two issues in particular:

1) First and foremost, the movie sets are not working. I see all Harry Potter movies (example) as individual movies alongside all other movies rather than a single Harry Potter Collection with the movies in that collection. This is happening for all movie sets. I can sometimes switch to Confluence and then back to Neon and it works, but then next time I launch XBMC the sets are all missing again.

2) Secondly, I'm now faced with movies that are not even showing up after cleaning my entire profile. I even removed my *.nfo files so that when the myvideos.db sqlite DB is created... it's not inheriting any incompatible schema elements from prior nightlies... just as a precaution.

These two issues have prevented me from relying on Neon as of now. I must use either Confluence or Aeon MQ which is a shame as Neon is by far and away the slickest, most impressive skin I've observed.

Thanks,
I haven't made any changes to break anything...are you using nightly builds and the svn build of neon?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I haven't made any changes to break anything...are you using nightly builds and the svn build of neon?

Nighty build and the Passion Repo's latest build.

I used to have issues all the time with only new movies not showing up in the Library until I switched from current skin to any other skin.

I decided to try and fix this issue of new additions once and for all by removing all NFO files, removing my entire XBMC profile directory... and then updating to the latest nightly build (3 nights ago). After installing the nightly build, adding the passion repo, and the Neon skin... and then letting themoviedb scraper scan my entire movie folder... creating a fresh video DB from scratch... I came up with these new issues. Funny thing is it's ONLY affecting Neon. I have no issues in Confluence nor Aeon MQ with the movie sets nor the overall library not showing half my library.
Does any one else here use Latest Neon with any nightly build from September for XBMC Win32?

I cannot get the library to function correctly under Neon, I can't even remove movies... they stay there. I"m forced to switch to Confluence to manage the library and view any movies that have been added.

UPDATE:

It's a bug in the "HD Movies" main menu selection only. First thing I do since I only have HD movies is disable the regular 'Movies' view. The behavior in the regular Movies is proper. I'll just use that and forget HD movies.
I was having a few other issues and decided to give the nightly builds and SVN of Neon a try, and can also confirm that something is causing the movie sets not to work.

Currently I'm using the 10-12-2011 nightly and the latest SVN build of Neon.

Any thoughts on how to get movie sets working again (short of going back to stock Dharma and Neon).

A quick clarification, as azaze1 pointed out, this only seems to affect HD Movies. Still, it would be nice if it worked there as well.
It's not a bug. The HD Movies menu item is simply a smart playlist - you cannot delete from a playlist in any skin.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It's not a bug. The HD Movies menu item is simply a smart playlist - you cannot delete from a playlist in any skin.

Small correction. I made a ticket for it to be able to delete movies from smartplaylists.
Should be able to do now:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3c7c...89c9e996f9
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets and Library issues0