Buffering issues disappeared
Over the past week I have been updating my setup. I got my hands on an HP MediaSmart Server. Also I bought myself a new power bar / surge protector.

While moving things around and installing the devices I messed up my main computer. After some testing I realized the connection between my hard drive and my mobo had been fried. I disconnected my dvd drive and used that connection for my hard drive. Having everything up and running again I began to update my server wirelessly using my laptop. During this whole process I realized that my buffering issues on my ATV2 running xbmc had disapeared. I have no idea why?! The funny thing is, I haven't moved my content over to the server yet. It still resides on two external hardrives connected to the computer I mentioned above.

Anyone have any thoeries? This may help others I hope.

Here is my setup:

Pentium 4, 3ghz processor, 3gb ram ---> Bell Standard wireless G router (wired)
HP Laptop dual core 2.3 ghz processor, 3gb ram ---> Bell Standard wireless G router (wireless)
HP MediaSmart Server EX75 ---> Bell Standard wireless G router (wired)
ATV2 ---> Powerline 200mps ---> Bell Standard wireless G router (wired)
Just going out on a limb, but I would guess the issue before was the bad internal connection that you just mentioned. It was probably going bad before it died completely, causing the computer to work harder to access data. When the computer gets errors from the hard drive it will junk that data (if it even got that far) and try again until it gets what it needs. The time it takes to do that could account for your buffering.
Interesting. Ya I only seemed to have buffering issues with some HD content like everyone else on here. Once I move my content over to the server I will probably junk the computer and get a new one down the road. But your explanation could account for the change, I did have issues booting up after a restart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues disappeared0