Core i5 HD 2000 and XBMC
Hi all

My ATI graphics card just died and luckily I have the new SandyBridge i5 CPU with built-in graphics.
Problem is that when running XBMC and watching .mkv and .mp4 files, the video looks corrupt, blocky and sticks.

Does anybody know of any solution?
babyinateacup Wrote:Hi all

My ATI graphics card just died and luckily I have the new SandyBridge i5 CPU with built-in graphics.
Problem is that when running XBMC and watching .mkv and .mp4 files, the video looks corrupt, blocky and sticks.

Does anybody know of any solution?

DXVA on HD2000 does not work on dharma. You need the latest nightly.
That said, there's an additional problem with HD2000 in that it will do 24fps, but not 23.976 NTSC. You will therefore see a little lurch every few minutes during NTSC video playback.

Best bet? Bite the bullet and buy a Radeon 5450 or 6450.
Hi Spyhop

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to have to d/l the latest nightly and save until I can afford a new graphics card - just spent a huge amount on a blu ray drive and the new star wars box set...

will let u know how it goes...
Sorry to read it...i'm afraid you might have to bite the bullet and order one of these- Radeon HD6450 and GeForce GT430 . it'll save you a lot of headache!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've installed the latest nightly build and it seems to have fixed the problem, however I'll sell some of my family members and get a GT430!

Thanks u guys!
babyinateacup Wrote:I've installed the latest nightly build and it seems to have fixed the problem, however I'll sell some of my family members and get a GT430!

Thanks u guys!
you'll easier time with gt430 and you'll enjoy it!
Hurry, buy this

GIGABYTE GV-R645D3-512I Radeon HD 6450 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125378

$20 after Rebate

i just bought this yesterday, hoping to fix the DXVA issue.

Optiplex 990 SFF, i7 2600, Intel GMA HD2000, 8GB RAM, 160GB Int HDD, 6TB eSATA HDD, W7 Ultimate x64, Dharma 10.1, Harmony One, Apple BT Keyboard
Spyhop Wrote:DXVA on HD2000 does not work on dharma. You need the latest nightly.
That said, there's an additional problem with HD2000 in that it will do 24fps, but not 23.976 NTSC. You will therefore see a little lurch every few minutes during NTSC video playback.

Best bet? Bite the bullet and buy a Radeon 5450 or 6450.

So this is only a software limitation that will be fixed in a update right? I plan on getting a G840 or i3-2100 and only the integrated graphics. I want to make sure I wont ever be limited by hardware in the future when it comes to media playback. G840 is Intel HD Graphics and i3-2100 is Intel HD Graphics 2000.

Will I be limited in ANY way in terms of media playback with just the integrated graphics chip?

No plans on 3D, encoding or anything fancy. Just Google Chrome and XBMC.
Just an update, got myself a MSI GTS 450 1gb DDR5 graphics card, no more troubles at all, bliss...

A note to all ye others who run on integrated graphics - sell off family members it's worth it...
babyinateacup Wrote:A note to all ye others who run on integrated graphics - sell off family members it's worth it...
I'm glad that the discrete GPU route works out for you.

If you get this $29 discrete GPU "XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB", you don't have sell off any family member. Laugh

This $29 HD6450 will playback BD in full 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD audio with ease. AMD+W7+XBMC= no macroblocking either, and it supports 3D too! Smile
"This $29 HD6450 will playback BD in full 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD audio with ease. AMD+W7+XBMC= no macroblocking either, and it supports 3D too! "

Macroblocking? I never heard about that issue before! I always thought that the gt430 was the best all-around card you could buy, which supports 3d playback. And does windows and linux equally well.

Do you think that the HD6450 is better than the gt430?
iBurger Wrote:"This $29 HD6450 will playback BD in full 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD audio with ease. AMD+W7+XBMC= no macroblocking either, and it supports 3D too! "

Macroblocking? I never heard about that issue before! I always thought that the gt430 was the best all-around card you could buy, which supports 3d playback. And does windows and linux equally well.

Do you think that the HD6450 is better than the gt430?
For Windows 7, GT430 suffered macroblocking issue during FF/RW and HD6xxx don't have this issue. Many users in here got rid of their GT430 because of it, and I'm trying to get rid of mine too. HD6450 can playbcack everything GT430 can without macroblocking issue and it is cheaper too. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Core i5 HD 2000 and XBMC0