Help With Local Trailers
I have read a number of posts already about this but still have an issue.

Using Aeon NOX & 10.1

Most of my movies are using streamed trailers which is fine, I am happy with that but a number haven't had any trailer data inserted in the NFO I created (Using Media Companion).

So I have downloaded these missing ones and placed them inside the movie folders and tried naming them the following way:

movie-trailer.mp4
Terminator II-trailer.mp4

I have removed the blank <trailer></trailer> link in the NFO, refreshed the movie entry in the movie database but the trailer is not detected.

IF I manually create a direct link to the trailer location in the NFO then I get the "trailer" entry available in the INFO screen for the movie and it plays the trailer but in the main browser when it says "Press Up for Trailer" if I press UP and Enter it doesn't play (though other ones play fine).

Not sure what the deal is
Damn Rolleyes

A "refresh" won't do it. Should have checked this first... You need to remove the movie entry from the library completely and THEN rescan for it.

And the trailer needs to be:

movie-trailer.ext
phsyraxion Wrote:Damn Rolleyes

A "refresh" won't do it. Should have checked this first... You need to remove the movie entry from the library completely and THEN rescan for it.

And the trailer needs to be:

movie-trailer.ext

Doesn't media companion find local trailers?
I use Ember and if it find a local trailer it will add it to the NFO. Then a simple refresh should be enough.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't use Ember because I get too many crashes and there was something else that was an issue for me but forget.

Using Media Companion it finds most trailers and enters the string but some movies it just enters "error" or can't find a trailer. When going through movies if I notice one doesn't have a trailer I just do a download and chuck it in the folder. Just didn't know I then had to delete the movie and then import it again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With Local Trailers0