[AppleTV2] No audio output/hang for music only
Be gentle, my first bug report, hopefully I did it correctly. ;^)

ATV2 running (according to About screen) 4.3 (2557). Successfully jailbroken using SeasonPass, latest version downloaded from FireCore's site only 4 days ago. Installed nitoTV from shell, updated nitoTV, and then installed XBMC from 'Install Software' menu in NitoTV. Audio output is via HDMI cable - Apple TV audio settings are all 'Auto' - to a Samsung LCD TV.

XBMC runs great, successfully imported all video and audio from SMB shares, this is setup identically to a Windoze-version XBMC running right next to it.

The version of XBMC I am running according to System Info is:

XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3 (Compiled: Jun 23 2011)

Audio output in XBMC is set to 'HDMI', Speaker Configuration : 2.0, Dolby Digital and DTS-capable is unchecked.

So - movies/videos play great, even AC3 and DTS, and TV handles it just fine, but when I attempt to play an MP3, playback 'hangs' at 1 second into the song.

Here's a pastebin to my debug log, taken from the point that XBMC is started:

http://pastebin.com/DBNbt6Ys

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide, and happy to provide additional information if requested.

Thanks!
Music doesn't work in the 'stable' version. That is listed in the known issues.
Update to the nightly build and your music will work. There are many other things also fixed in the nightly like the ability to scrape properly!
I thought I had reviewed the 'known issues' info but either I did not understand the information, or I was looking at the wrong list/version.

The Wiki is pretty clear on how to do this, but it says I have to have the 'Cydia' version installed - would the version I have installed equate to that? It wasn't clear from the documentation, and I don't want to accidentally take a 'step back' unnecessarily ...
mst3kroqs Wrote:I thought I had reviewed the 'known issues' info but either I did not understand the information, or I was looking at the wrong list/version.

The Wiki is pretty clear on how to do this, but it says I have to have the 'Cydia' version installed - would the version I have installed equate to that? It wasn't clear from the documentation, and I don't want to accidentally take a 'step back' unnecessarily ...

You have the Cydia version installed already.
Thanks for the responses - you are correct, the nightly version resolved the problem, and it's a lot snappier as well!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] No audio output/hang for music only0