XBMC + ATV2 + Time Capsule = BAD!
Hi Guys,

I just want clarification before I boot the time capsule out the window!

I don't understand why it won't play nice with the ATV2. I have tried everything, but any file that plays on it just stutters constantly.
I managed to get it all set up, everything loaded on to the library. I can access all files fine. But as I said, everything stutters, including all the HD content off iPlayer.
I have temporarily replaced the Time Capsule with my old router, and everything runs fine!

The only reason I'm hesitant about the issue, is because I had XBMC set up on my old windows laptop which was accessing the Time Capsule and everything was fine.

Can someone just tell me why it makes a difference with the ATV2?

Thanks!
Nothing. Several people have had no problem with network traffic through a TC or APE Base station. Supposedly the USB sharing on them is slower than it should be, but even as a file server my APE hasn't given me any problems. This is on wireless, by the way.
I've got all my files on the TC itself. But I've also tried it through the TC USB share, on wired, on wireless, sharing straight off my mac. Exact same issues everytime.

I can't put it down to anything else but the TC. But at the same time, I have no idea why.

I've just bought a Netgear N600, hope this will do the job
Hi,

I had this problem for a while, but I found that it went away as soon as I gave the ATV a fixed ip address (no DHCP). There seems to be something odd about the ATV wifi setup, (like the ipad) that can make it a bit flakey.

I did try this with a Netgear DGN3500 but I found that the ATV would drop the network connection, and then re-connect within a few seconds. Again, setting a static ip address fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + ATV2 + Time Capsule = BAD!0